OLN Skates Toward Success With NHL
- OLN Still Filling NHL Roster. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p18
Reports on the decision of cable television channel OLN to pull its feed on National Hockey league coverage from Cablevision Systems Corp. and Dish Network. Reason behind the decision of OLN; Reaction of Dish to the decision; Claim of OLN regarding the broadcasting of hockey games by Cablevision.
- TO KNOW LIST 7: The NHL's new TV deal . . . well, it could be a lot worse. O'Malley, Rich // Sporting News;9/23/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 38, p5
This article reports that the National Hockey League has contracted the Outdoor Life Network cable television channel for future sports tournaments. The network will broadcast 58 regular-season games, starting from October 5, 2005, plus the All-Star Game and playoff matchups, including the first...
- Nick gas scores pact with NHL programming. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;01/12/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 27, p5
Reports that Nickelodeon's digital network Games and Sports for Kids (GAS) has formed a programming development partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL). Access by GAS to NHL game footage and events; Development of original programming based on NHL outreach programs.
- Technology for sports: Enhancing the viewing experience. Hashmi, Yasmin; Plumbridge, Stella // World Broadcast Engineering;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p26
Reports the expansion of sports coverage by Sky Sports cable television network. Events covered by the network; Enhancement of TV programs through technological developments; Development of applications enabling the download of programs into the Sky Digital IRD.
- Will the revolution be televised? Goth, Greg // Soccer Digest;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the deal signed in June 1999 between the American Youth Soccer Organization and Fox Sports World and FSW-Espanol, the Fox empire's showcases for topnotch soccer worldwide. Impact of the 1999 Women's World Cup and the grassroots soccer effort in the United States; Major provisions of...
- Tale of the tape. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;08/18/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p2
Focuses on the reaction of golfers to the failure of `The Golf Channel' to broadcast live coverage of the 2000 Buick Open tournament.
- The big picture. Arkush, Michael // Golf World;01/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p6
Details the changes implemented by the Golf Channel and ABC network.
- The Senior PGA Tour--up a point in mild trading. Russell, Geoff // Golf World;04/14/2000, Vol. 53 Issue 37, p6
Reports on the proposal of the CNBC business network to air the Senior PGA Tour.
- Dollars decrease as pugilism takes pounding. Tapp, Tom // Variety;06/11/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 4, p36
Provides information on the pay-per-view boxing programs of the television network Showtime. Decrease in the audience share and revenue posted by the network; Comments from several executives of the network; Television broadcasting plans of the network.