Viacom Stations, N.H. System Sparring Over Digital Signals
- Set for a Showdown. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 30, p24
Reports on the Supreme Court battle between Viacom and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission over the indecency case involving singer Janet Jackson. Penalty for Jackson's case; Other high-profile indecency cases involving Viacom; Legal weak point in the case, according to Kurt Wimmer, A...
- Sumner heat. // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p54
Reports on the testimony of Viacom Incorporated Chairman Sumner Redstone, in a trial over the company's partnership, that the company has helped, rather than hurt, its United States of America Network partnership with MCA Incorporated.
- Suits strain MCA-Viacom ventures. Busch, Anita M.; Peers, Martin // Variety;5/6/96, Vol. 363 Issue 1, p23
Reports that the dispute between MCA and Viacom, over the control of USA Networks, has culminated in a litigation suit, affected the their other business relationships. Companies' accusation against each other for a breach of contract regarding their 50-50 partnership in the USA Networks; MCA's...
- Tag-team testimony begins in legal brawl over WWF. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;06/13/2000, Vol. 363 Issue 24, p4
Focuses on USA Networks' filing of a lawsuit in Delaware against Viacom. Goal of retaining hit programming by World Wrestling Federation Entertainment; Absence of opening and closing arguments in the legal jousting presided over by Chancellor William Chandler.
- FCC FAVORS CABLERS. Tripiett, William // Daily Variety;2/11/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Thursday once again dashed broadcasters' hopes concerning the transition to digital television. Voting 5-0, FCC commissioners denied broadcasters' desire for a governmental requirement that cablers carry both analog and...
- MTV, Fox not kidding around about Cronin. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p4
Announces that Viacom filed a lawsuit against Fox Kids Worldwide to block Fox employee Rich Cronin from leaving their company to work for Fox. Filing of suit in the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan; Date suit was filed; Allegations cited in suit; Details on case.
- Seagram, Viacom far apart on USA breakup. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p6
Reports that Viacom company has filed for permission of a public auction, of its United States Network partnership with Seagram Company with the Delaware Chancery Court. Why Viacom decided to file for an auction; Comments from Harold Vogel, analyst for Cown & Company; Information on a petition...
- TVLand airing in court. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/6/96, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p34
Focuses on MCA Incorporated's lawsuit against Viacom Incorporated due to a dispute between both companies over the joint ownership of the USA Network. Citing of lawsuit; Allegations made by MCA; Details of lawsuit.
- Your Tube. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses the US$1 billion lawsuit filed against YouTube, a company recently bought by Google, by Viacom Inc. in April 2007. The lawsuit filed states that YouTube has committed massive intentional copyright infringement. YouTube dismisses the lawsuit stating that the claims are...