61-Year-Old Woman With Knee Pain and Confusion
- SAMe Breakthrough, Part I . // Colgan Chronicles;2001, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p4
Part I. Discusses benefits of the S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), an active form of the essential amino acid in the human body, for joint disorders. Inclusion of SAMe to all treatment protocols for arthritis and inflammatory conditions of the joints and soft tissues; Overview on health benefits...
- Medication and supplement use for managing joint symptoms among patients with knee and hip osteoarthritis: a cross-sectional study. // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p47
The article focuses on a study conducted to improve clinical care and education of osteoarthritis (OA) patients in the U.S. It was conducted to find the self-guided pharmacological and professionally-guided supplement use for managing joint pains among knee and hip OA patients. It reveled that a...
- You Can Do Arthroplasty in a Young Patient, But... Vince, Kelly G. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;4/2/2014, Vol. 96 Issue 7, pe58(1)
The author discusses the significant factors in early periprosthetic joint infections and aseptic mechanical failure in total knee arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty in young patients. He mentions the importance of knee arthritis for young patient in medical procedures such as meniscal...
- Costochondritis, take a chill! R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;05/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p129
Describes cooling the skin with ethyl chloride as a effective treatment for costochondritis. Relief with local spraying of ethyl chloride; Rubbing of an ice cube on the area of infection; Injections of sustained-action corticosteroid.
- Shark cartilage for achy joints? Gagliardi, Gary // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct95, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p52
Reports on how components of shark cartilage reduce joint inflammation and pain on people who workout. Blocking of process of endothelial vascularization stimulating angiogenesis factor (ESAF) causing vascularization of joint cartilage; Efficacy of shark cartilage in the treatment of arthritis....
- A joint decision. // Men's Health;Sep97, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p178
Discusses that cortisone shots should be used for joint injuries, not muscle pulls or sprains. Findings of the a research study on how muscle injuries responded to massage therapy; Warning of David Altchek regarding cortisone.
- Vitamin D3 Gives Mixed Results for Preventing Flu in Schoolchildren. // Holistic Primary Care;Winter2010, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
The article presents research on vitamin D showing that its supplementation could prevent severe joint pain as a consequence of treatment with aromatase inhibitors like Tamoxifen in women with breast cancer.
- Jakeman's brings GOPO to U.S. // Chain Drug Review;2/22/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p15
The article offers information on Jakeman's Inc.'s GOPO Rosehip with Galactolipids for treatment of chronic joint conditions.
- THE ARTHRITIS TODAY GUIDE TO DMARDs. Dunkin, Mary Anne // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p66
The article provides information on the use of disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) as treatment for various kinds of arthritis. It discusses the nature and therapeutic mechanisms of DMARDs, the way doctors use the medication, and its effectivity, as well as the safety of DMARDs...