Spectrum of Pneumonia in the Current Era of Liver Transplantation and Its Effect on Survival
- Orthotopic liver transplantation: the first 60 patients. Calne, R.Y.; Williams, Roger // British Medical Journal;2/19/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6059, p471
Investigates the orthotopic liver transplantation in patients treated in Cambridge, England. Indications for orthotopic transplantation in first 60 patients treated; Details on high incidence of fatal complications of biliary drainage in patients; Analysis of survival results according to year...
- Liver Transplantation: Patient survival not impacted by liver transplants performed at night or on weekends. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a study, according to which liver transplants performed at night or on weekends do not adversely affect patient or graft survival.
- Bronchiolitis obliterans and other late onset non-infectious pulmonary complications in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Afessa, B; Litzow, M R; Tefferi, A // Bone Marrow Transplantation;9/1/2001, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p425
Pulmonary complications develop in 30â€“60% of hematopoietic stem cell transplants (HSCT). The main, late onset, non-infectious complications include Bronchiolitis obliterans (BO), Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia (BOOP), and idiopathic pneumonia syndrome (IPS). BO and BOOP...
- Coagulation monitoring and management during liver transplantation. Murakawa, Masahiro // Journal of Anesthesia;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p77
Editorial. Focuses on the clinical management of coagulopathy associated with liver transplantation. Physiological mechanism of coagulopathy; Assessment of the changes in the hemostatic status of surgery patients; Therapeutic approach to coagulopathy.
- Recurrent Subcutaneous Infection Due to Scopulariopsis brevicaulis in a Liver Transplant Recipient. Sellier, Pierre; Monsuez, Jean-Jacques; Lacroix, Claire; Feray, Cyril; Evans, John; Minozzi, Catherine; Vayre, Frederic; Del Giudice, Pascal; Feuilhade, Martine; Pinel, Claudine; Vittecoq, Daniel; Passeron, Jean // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p820
Describes a case of recurrent Scopulariopsis brevacaulis occurring after the patient underwent liver transplantation. Method of treatment used for the patient; Other fungal opportunistic complications associated with patients who have undergone solid organ transplantation; Airborne fungi that...
- Brain Tumour Linked To Liver Transplant. // Positive Health;Aug2003, Issue 91, p10
Discusses an article published a 2003 issue of 'The Lancet,' which describes a case of fatal brain tumor, apparently transmitted from donor to recipient through liver transplant. Death of a liver donor after developing glioblastoma multiforme; Liver recipient's development of cancers at various...
- Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome with Early Collateralization in a Liver Transplant. Woodworth, Amanda; Khanmoradi, Kamran; Zaki, Radi; Campos, Stalin; Horrow, Mindy; Ortiz, Jorge // American Surgeon;Sep2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, pE156
A letter to the editor is presented which describes the case of a man who underwent liver transplantation and experienced median arcuate ligament syndrome.
- Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia. Rifkind, David; Faris, Tanous D.; Hill Jr., Rolla B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov66, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p943
Presents information on a study which summarized experience with Penumocystis pneumonia in patients dying after renal transplantation. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Editorial Response: Prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients--As Long as the Pros Outweigh the Cons. Arend, Sandra M.; van't Wout, Jan W. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/1/1999, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p247
Presents the arguments for and against Pneumocystitis cariini pneumonia (PCP) prophylaxis on solid organ transplant recipients, based on an article by Gordon et al. which was published in the February 1999 edition of the periodical 'Clinical Infectious Diseases.' Need to prevent the morbidity...