Spectrum of Pneumonia in the Current Era of Liver Transplantation and Its Effect on Survival
- Orthotopic liver transplantation: the first 60 patients. Calne, R.Y.; Williams, Roger // British Medical Journal;2/19/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6059, p471
Investigates the orthotopic liver transplantation in patients treated in Cambridge, England. Indications for orthotopic transplantation in first 60 patients treated; Details on high incidence of fatal complications of biliary drainage in patients; Analysis of survival results according to year...
- Liver Transplantation: Patient survival not impacted by liver transplants performed at night or on weekends. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a study, according to which liver transplants performed at night or on weekends do not adversely affect patient or graft survival.
- Bronchiolitis obliterans and other late onset non-infectious pulmonary complications in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Afessa, B; Litzow, M R; Tefferi, A // Bone Marrow Transplantation;9/1/2001, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p425
Pulmonary complications develop in 30â€“60% of hematopoietic stem cell transplants (HSCT). The main, late onset, non-infectious complications include Bronchiolitis obliterans (BO), Bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia (BOOP), and idiopathic pneumonia syndrome (IPS). BO and BOOP...
- Coagulation monitoring and management during liver transplantation. Murakawa, Masahiro // Journal of Anesthesia;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p77
Editorial. Focuses on the clinical management of coagulopathy associated with liver transplantation. Physiological mechanism of coagulopathy; Assessment of the changes in the hemostatic status of surgery patients; Therapeutic approach to coagulopathy.
- Recurrent Subcutaneous Infection Due to Scopulariopsis brevicaulis in a Liver Transplant Recipient. Sellier, Pierre; Monsuez, Jean-Jacques; Lacroix, Claire; Feray, Cyril; Evans, John; Minozzi, Catherine; Vayre, Frederic; Del Giudice, Pascal; Feuilhade, Martine; Pinel, Claudine; Vittecoq, Daniel; Passeron, Jean // Clinical Infectious Diseases;5/1/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p820
Describes a case of recurrent Scopulariopsis brevacaulis occurring after the patient underwent liver transplantation. Method of treatment used for the patient; Other fungal opportunistic complications associated with patients who have undergone solid organ transplantation; Airborne fungi that...
- Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome with Early Collateralization in a Liver Transplant. Woodworth, Amanda; Khanmoradi, Kamran; Zaki, Radi; Campos, Stalin; Horrow, Mindy; Ortiz, Jorge // American Surgeon;Sep2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, pE156
A letter to the editor is presented which describes the case of a man who underwent liver transplantation and experienced median arcuate ligament syndrome.
- Brain Tumour Linked To Liver Transplant. // Positive Health;Aug2003, Issue 91, p10
Discusses an article published a 2003 issue of 'The Lancet,' which describes a case of fatal brain tumor, apparently transmitted from donor to recipient through liver transplant. Death of a liver donor after developing glioblastoma multiforme; Liver recipient's development of cancers at various...
- Nosocomial pneumonia. Johanson, Waldemar G.; Dever, Lisa L. // Intensive Care Medicine;Jan2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p23
Objective: No data are available on the incidence and clinical relevance of increased intra-abdominal pressure after orthotopic liver transplantation. This study assessed abdominal hypertension in a population of transplanted patients as this may be an important cofactor in early postoperative...
- Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia. Rifkind, David; Faris, Tanous D.; Hill Jr., Rolla B. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov66, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p943
Presents information on a study which summarized experience with Penumocystis pneumonia in patients dying after renal transplantation. Methods; Results; Discussion.