Cellular Telephone Interference With Medical Equipment
- Can You Hear Me Now? No? Good. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2004, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p34
Deals with the cell phone jamming device from Suresafe Technologies Inc. Number of units sold to U.S. restaurant operators.
- Study: Improvements Cut Interference With Medical Equipment. // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Jan2006 IT Horizons Supplement, Vol. 40, p8
Discusses a Mayo clinic study which revealed that the continued evolution of technology have lessened cellular telephones' electromagnetic interference with medical devices such as monitors and respirators. Percentage of medical devices that recorded some interference from cell phones; Comments...
- TensorComm aims to give handsets mute button to add network capacity. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/13/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p18
Presents information on the Interference Cancellation Technology for cellular telephones developed by TensorComm. Sources of electromagnetic interference; Data transmission and coverage capacity of the technology in wireless communication; Results of the trial of the technology.
- Using TV White Space for Femtocell Aided Future Mobile Network. Peng, Fei; Gao, Yue; Chen, Yue; Cuthbert, Laurie // International Conference on Green Information Technology;Oct2010, p25
The traditional Femtocell exploits the same frequency band as the Cellular network, thus introducing cross-tier interference. In this paper, a new opened spectrum portion (TV White Space) for Femtocell Aided Future Mobile Network is used to solve the cross-tier interference problem of Femtocell...
- Tiny filter repels EMI/ESD away from wireless functions. Schweber, Bill; Granville, Fran // EDN;8/4/2005, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p20
Evaluates the Centurion CM1430 and CM1431 filter arrays from California Micro Devices. Advantages of the products for wireless phones; Cost; Information on the products' electromagnetic interference and electrostatic discharge capabilities.
- NON-BLIND ADAPTIVE BEAM FORMING ALGORITHMS FOR SMART ANTENNAS. Mallaparapu, Usha; Nalini, K.; Ganesh, P.; Vishnu, T. Raghavendra; Khan, Habib Ullah; Prasanna, D. Lakshmi; Madhav, B. T. P. // International Journal of Research & Reviews in Applied Sciences;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p491
The number of mobile users are increasing tremendously all over the world .It is necessary to increase the channel bandwidth and capacity and at the same time minimize the channel interference .Smart antennas are considered as an effective counter measure to achieve these requirements because...
- TDMA phones a bad choice for U.S. Machrone, Bill // PC Week;5/22/95, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p59
Opinion. Cites the interference caused by cellular phones based on time division multiple access (TDMA) in Europe. Electronic equipment that are sensitive to TDMA emissions; Electronic equipment that are impervious to TDMA emissions; Need to improve the technology of TDMA.
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p36
Presents an airtime pricing model concerning the use of wireless communication systems in the United States as of April 3, 2000. Basic service plan comparisons among telecommunication companies; Actual use model; Data from the Yankee Group.
- Hand Weapons of the Modern Age. Abatemarco, Fred // Popular Science;Sep99, Vol. 255 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the proliferation of cellular phones in the United States. Factors that contributed to the market growth; Uses of cellular phones to consumers; Laws and limitations on the use of cellular phones.