- GRADY CANCER CENTER. // Atlanta;Oct2014, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p130
The article offers information on the Grady's Cancer Center which provides quality care and support on breast cancer patient such as mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, and breast ultrasound.
- One Bird at a Time. Collins, Jennifer // Angels on Earth;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of creating paintings of birds and giving them to the staff of a hospital where she was treated for breast cancer.
- South Nassau Hospital pushing for BBA relief. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/08/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 49, p13A
Presents news updates on the health care industry in Long Island, New York as of December 8, 2000. Support for the Balanced Budget Act expressed by the South Nassau Communities Hospital; Blood donors sought by the Franklin Hospital Medical Center; Writing workshop offered by the Adelphi NY...
- Blending Nursing Roles in Oncology and Imaging: An Innovative Strategy. Hoelz, Theresa M.; Sladek, Mary L.; Michaelson, Patricia L. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Jan2007, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p27
The article discusses a strategy to blend nursing roles in oncology and imaging. The Ridgeview Medical Center (RMC) in Waconia, Minnesota, adopted the strategy in order to provide services to patients with breast cancer. Some patients' perspectives about the strategy and the public's perception...
- RESOURCES REGIONAL SUPPORT ORGANIZATIONS FOR CANCER AND BREAST CANCER PATIENTS. Berman, Joel // Comprehensive Breast Care;2000, p275
This article presents a list of organizations and medical centers for cancer and breast cancer patients in the U.S., including the American Cancer Society, American College of Radiology and American College of Surgeons.
- The Healing Environment. Howard, Emily // FacilityCare;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on healing art and a healing environment. It accounts the author's experience with her friend who had breast cancer confined to a hospital and about the ceiling tile which was given to the patients of the said hospital to decorate. The author believes that the ceiling tile...
- Tennis for Life. // Club Industry (07478283);Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the Tennis for Life program for women with breast cancer at the Ridgewood Racquet Club in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Purpose of the program; Awards received by the program; Benefits of the program on cancer survivors.
- The days that will still be mine. Poulson, Jane // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/16/98, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p1633
Discusses the author's battle with breast cancer. Details on her anger of contracting the disease; How breast cancer halted all her normal activities; How she dealt with fear and thoughts of dying from intolerable pain; The issue of shock and denial; Treatment; Aftermath.
- Validation of the Shortened COPE for use with Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Radiation Therapy. Fillion, Lise; Kovacs, Adrienne H.; Gagnon, Pierre; Endler, Norman S. // Current Psychology;Spring2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
To study the relationship between cancer and emotional adjustment, investigation of situation-specific coping behaviors with respect to narrowly defined stressors has recently been promoted. The development and validation of shorter instruments, designed to facilitate completion by clinical...