Highlights of Upcoming Masters Retreat
- Pumping a Client Pipeline. Leder, Gerri // On Wall Street;Jun2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p88
The article offers advice in turning a community network into a business connection. Financial advisers should recast their professional capabilities in terms of addressing issues that relate to them. Unleashing the power of the network comes down to finding the right moment to carve out their...
- Making Progress at a Retreat. GRANT, DAVE // Financial Planning;May2015, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p32
The article offers insights for financial advisors into holding a retreat. Particular focus is given to a three-day retreat that the author held in Austin, Texas with fellow advisors. The author says the preparations made and strategies implemented for the retreat included designing an agenda,...
- Last Chance/First Chance. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
The article presents an introduction to the issue in which the editor discusses the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Retreat 2014, which will be held from May 3 to 5 at the Trump National Doral Golf Resort in Miami, Florida, and the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Business and Education...
- Internet Impact. Veres, Bob // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p34
This article discusses the impact of the Internet on the financial planning profession in the U.S. as of September 2002. There are several changes brought about by the three major communications innovations of the past five centuries. The first, which has been studied in depth by historians, is...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p74
The article presents a short test on the contents of the July 2003 issue of the Journal of Financial Planning.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p74
The section presents an examination for financial planners.
- Expanding the Body of Knowledge. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
This section focuses on the mission of the 'Journal of Financial Planning,' which is to expand the body of knowledge of the financial planning profession. To conceptualize--knowledge, acquaintance with facts, range of information, awareness or understanding, is essential to excellence in work,...
- My Final Exam. Moisand, Dan // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p54
â€¢ Though few agree on how financial planners should be regulated, most agree that today's system has serious flaws. This paper, winner of the Journal of Financial Planning's 2004 Call for Papers competition in the Future of the Profession category, envisions a future in which financial...
- 'Spot' Financial Planning: The Newest Trend? // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19
This section invites readers to offer their opinion on a trend called spot financial planning.