Suffer the little children
- In Search of the Roots of Adolescent Aggression. Sylwester, Robert // Educational Leadership;Sep99, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p65
Scrutinizes the biological basis of aggressive adolescent behavior to address problems on school violence. Explanation on the response system of human brain; Information on the developmental focus during childhood and adolescent stages; Factors from which aggressive behavior can be attributed. ...
- Children who kill. O'Mara, Peggy // Mothering;Jul/Aug98, Issue 89, p6
Explains the roots of the psychopathic or sociopathic behavior of children. Correlation between acts of violence in youth and the experiences of infancy; Information on the murders of school children by other children in Oregon; How conscience develops; Origin of violence; Important thing that...
- Violent behavior and positive parenting. Davis, Richard L. // Journal of Aggression, Conflict & Peace Research;Jul2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p173
Purpose - The majority of child, sibling, dating, intimate partner, spousal and elder abuse and bullying interventions have as a primary goal the cessation of physical assaults. However, too many contemporary domestic violence efforts are reactionary, most occur following the use of physical...
- What's behind growing trends of violence? // USA Today Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 127 Issue 2643, p1
Focuses on the growing trends of violence among children in the United States. Various comments about the issue; Causes of children's violent behavior; Details on a study on youth violence conducted by the American Psychiatric Association.
- Warning Signals from DISTURBED YOUTH. Miner, Nancy B. // USA Today Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 129 Issue 2664, p34
Contends that deliberate cruelty to animals has been demonstrated to be a predictive forerunner to violence against humans. Overview of violence committed by school children; Correlation between cruelty to animals and human violence; How adults treat children who committed cruelty to animals;...
- Adolescent problem behaviours predicting DSM-IV diagnoses of multiple substance use disorder. Hayatbakhsh, Mohammad; Najman, Jake; Jamrozik, Konrad; Al Mamun, Abdullah; Bor, William; Alati, Rosa // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p356
Whether there is an independent association between problem behaviours and substance use disorders (SUD) needs further investigation. This study examined prospective associations of adolescent psychopathology and problem behaviours with SUD in early adulthood, and whether these associations are...
- Long-term dangers in bullying. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1994, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the psychological effects of bullying in Australian schools. Opinion by Professor Peter Smith of Sheffield University in England; Likelihood for bullying victims to suffer depression and experience difficulties with relationships.
- Situational and interpersonal correlates of anxiety associated with peer victimization. Slee, Phillip T. // Child Psychiatry & Human Development;Winter94, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p97
Presents a study of the nature of peer bullying among primary school children to understand the anxiety generated by victimization. Assessment for social-evaluative anxiety associated with peer victimization at school; Association of victimization with fear of negative evaluation amongst males...
- Bullying in schools: Doctors' responsibilities. Dawkins, Judith // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/4/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6975, p274
Assesses the impact of bullying on children and in their future adult life. Bullying as a form of child abuse; Symptoms of children who are bullied; Role of doctors in dealing with children who are regularly victimised at school.