INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT
- 'Urge to merge' is big with money managers despite market drop. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;4/2/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p3
Reports that a money managers are intent on acquisition despite market volatility in the United States. Earn-out clauses of money managers; Slowdown of the pace of money management deals; Investor Group Inc.'s acquisition of Canadian mutual fund manager Mackenzie Financial Corp.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/10/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 38, p28
Presents charts and graphs depicting investment trends in the healthcare industry as of October 3, 2005. Global new issues; Global volume by product; Global announced merger and acquisition; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: TELECOMMUNICATIONS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/10/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 38, p72
Presents charts and graphs depicting investment trends in the telecommunication industry as of October 3, 2005. Global telecommunication underwriting volume; Global new issues; Global volume by product; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced global target merger and acquisition advisers.
- The Latest on Fees. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/29/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p24
Presents information on the fees charged by investment dealers for merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. from January 1, 2003, to September 22, 2003. Mode of payment; Target premiums over stock prices; Implications on investment dealers.
- Premium paydays for quality service. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the benefits of the increase in merger and acquisition (M&A) deals on investment bankers and other deal advisers. Pressure for intermediaries to demonstrate their services and add value to deals; Functions of intermediaries; Increase in advisory revenues.
- Manager acquisitions high in '94, data show. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;6/12/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p39
Focuses on the reports on merger and acquisitions activity for the investment management industry in 1994, issued by New York-based advisory firms Berkshire Capital Corp. and Putnam Lovell & Thornton Inc. Number of acquisitions and joint ventures announced; Signs of industry's reaching...
- Not all M&As produce a happy ending. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;08/07/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p1
Reports on merger and acquisition (M&A) deals among money managers within the past five years that did not meet the expectations of either the buyer or seller. Poor post-merger integration; Acquisitions of Merrill Lynch; Money management business of Comerica; Reasons why firms make deals.
- Acquisition fever sweeps money management firms. Williamson, Christine; Joel; Chernoff; Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;10/30/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the merger trend among money management firms. Allianz AG and Nicholas-Applegate Capital Management Inc.; Franklin Resources Inc. and Fiduciary Trust Co. International; ABN AMRO Bank NV and Allegheny Asset Management.
- Smaller deals all about new markets, increasing share. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;01/08/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p18
Reports on smaller money management merger deals in 2000. Improvement of market share in a foreign market or a new asset class; Acquisition of rivals.