- Discussion of "Tax Incentives on Equity and Firms' Cost of Capital: Evidence from the Quebec Stock Savings Plan" MAYDEW, EDWARD L. // Contemporary Accounting Research;Fall2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p825
BÃ©dard, Coulombe, and Paquette (2007) examine a setting in which initial public offerings (IPOs) of eligible Quebec companies received favorable tax treatment at the investor level. Specifically, the Quebec stock savings plan (QSSP) provided investors with immediate tax deductions equal to a...
- Drop in Altitude. Bahree, Megha // Forbes Asia;7/3/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p16
The article reports the problem faced by the launching of the initial public offering of Air Deccan. The company delayed its May 2006 offering of 24.6 million shares because the Bombay Stock Exchange has declined dramatically after a steep ascent. Air Deccan initially priced its shares at $3.20,...
- DELTA TRANSACTION RAISES $19 MILLION. // National Mortgage News;8/2/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p12
Focuses on the price of the public offering of Delta Financial Corp. Shares of common stock; Price per share.
- Cross Match Drops Price of Planned IPO. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;11/7/2007, Vol. 236 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on the move of Cross Match Technologies Inc. to lower the expected price range of its initial public offering in 2007. The company suggested that net proceeds from the sale of stock could be about $23 million less than planned when the company re-filed to go public in...
- Brown Says Spin-offs Provide Ample Opportunities. // Texas Magazine;Spring/Summer2007, p6
The article deals with a study conducted by finance professor Keith Brown which focused on purchasing spin-off shares. The study shows that stock prices are usually lower after a company goes public due to investors' dumping spinoffs that failed to meet portfolio criteria but are perfectly...
- Alpha Natural Resources Sets IPO. // Coal Age;Feb2005, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on the plans of Alpha Natural Resources to release an initial public offering (IPO) in February 2005. Total value of the IPO; Price of each IPO share; Background information on the operations of Alpha Natural Resources.
- Rockwood Holdings IPO Stocks Available. // JCT CoatingsTech;Oct2005, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p27
Announces the initial public offering (IPO) from Rockwood Holdings Inc. Number of shares of common stock available for the IPO; Price per share.
- Royal Mail set for flotation later this year. Thomas, Paul // Fundweb;4/15/2013, p22
The article focuses on several reports that Royal Mail Group Ltd. is set to hold an initial public offering (IPO) of its stocks at a knock-down price of Â£2.5 billion in Great Britain. The reports indicate that the company's employees will receive around Â£2,000 shares each on average as...
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 32, p19
Presents charts and tables depicting the performance of the most recent initial public offerings as of August 10, 2005, in the U.S.