Brandywine Deal Meets With Resistance
- Brandywine Really to Buy Prentiss. // National Mortgage News;10/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Brandywine Realty Trust, an office and industrial real estate investment, by Prentiss Properties Ltd. Inc. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the acquisition for both companies; Operations of two companies.
- Brandywine buys Axinn. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/03/98, Vol. 45 Issue 31, p7A
Reports on Brandywine Realty Trust's plan to acquire Donald Axinn Cos. for $103. 5 million.
- Is Bigger Really Better for a Philly Office REIT? Luxenberg, Stan // National Real Estate Investor;Nov2005, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p17
The article focuses on the indications of the acquisition of the Dallas, Texas-based real estate investment trust (REIT) company, Prentiss Properties by the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based REIT company, Brandywine Realty Trust. Brandywine executives say that acquisition will enable it to expand...
- Brandywine Paying $600M for Rubenstein. // American Banker;8/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 161, p9
Announces that Brandywine Realty Trust agreed to buy Rubenstein Co. LP for hundreds of millions in debt and stock. Description of the deal, expected to close in the third quarter of 2004; Profile of Brandywine, which would significantly extend its real estate business into new markets based on...
- Talking over some takeover problems. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Jan1972, Vol. 83 Issue 941, p95
Focuses on the rights of minority stockholders in mergers and acquisitions in Great Britain. Provisions of section 29 of the Companies Act of 1948; Exercise of conversion rights; Calculation of the total number of shareholders on which the three-fourths majority is made.
- Shareholders' Voting and Appraisal Rights in Corporate Acquisition Transactions. Schulman, Stephen H.; Schenk, Alan // Business Lawyer;Aug83, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1529
Examines the availability of shareholder rights in a corporate acqusition transactions. Emphasis on the right to vote upon the transaction; Variations in corporate statutes; Categories of acquisitions.
- Restraining majority shareholders -- the courts and the DoT. Kobrin, David; North, John // Accountancy;May79, Vol. 90 Issue 1029, p111
Focuses on laws and legislation concerning the restraint of majority shareholders in taking over a corporation in Great Britain. Importance of an investigation; Information on statutory rules set by the Department of Trade; Amendment of provisions in the Companies Act.
- Triangular Mergers in Japan. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q2, p1
The article focuses on how triangular mergers have been made possible by the increased flexibility in merger consideration, under the corporation law and other laws and regulations in the U.S. It notes that Japanese and non-Japanese companies can use the triangular merger structure to complete...
- APPRAISAL ARBITRAGE AND THE FUTURE OF PUBLIC COMPANY M&A. KORSMO, CHARLES R.; MYERS, MINOR // Washington University Law Review;2015, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p1551
In this Article, we demonstrate that the stockholder's appraisal remedy--long-dismissed in corporate law scholarship as useless or worse--is in the middle of a renaissance in public company mergers. We argue that this surge in appraisal activity promises to benefit public shareholders in...