Jockeying for Position In Hybrid Capital Race
- Huntsman stock goes public. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p4
This article reports that after 35 years as a private plastics and chemicals company, Huntsman Corp. went public February 11, raising almost $1.5 billion in a stock offering. Huntsman offered more than 60 million shares of common stock at $23 each and 5 million shares of preferred stock at $50...
- Prefs clampdown â€” so where do we go from here? // Accountancy;Nov78, Vol. 89 Issue 1023, p24
This article examines the implications of the clampdown of the British treasury department on the activities of the preference share market--dividends and interest payable on new issues will all have to come out of a company's maximum permitted dividend as calculated under the dividend...
- PREFERRED STOCK. Oglesby, Darren Wayne // Concise Encyclopedia of Investing;2007, p52
A definition of the term "preferred stock" is presented. Preferred stocks act like bonds but also represent partial ownership of a corporation. It pays a fixed dividend that does not fluctuate although a company lacking the financial resources is not required to pay. Preference shares gives an...
- Grundkapital (Ger.). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p125
Information on the term "grundkapital" is presented. It refers to share capital.
- participating preference shares (UK). // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p204
Information on the term "participating preference shares" is presented. It refers to preference shares.
- Foundation Bancorp in Washington Raises $15M. Wilhelm, Colin // Americanbanker.com;3/27/2015, p1
Foundation Bancorp in Bellevue, Wash., has sold $15 million of convertible preferred stock in a private offering.
- Why should I pay more? Cockcroft, Terence; Ross, Mark; Powers, A. // Finweek;8/10/2006, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including article on the suggestion to increase share capital by further issue of preferred stocks at Grindrod, the letters that appeared in the July 27, 2007 issue, and the article in the January 12, 2006...
- DISCUSSION: ON THE PRICING OF PREFERRED STOCK. Hoffmeister, J. Ronald // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Nov81, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p529
The article reports on the pricing of preferred stocks and discusses the paper, "On the Pricing of Preferred Stock" by Eric H. Sorensen and Clark A. Hawkins. Sorensen and Hawkins look at the preferred stock prices before and after the National Association of Insurance Commissioners instituted...
- MARKET COMMENTS. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/21/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p21
The article evaluates the stock performance of McDonald Financial Group as of November 2005. The best performing asset class of the company for three year periods is emerging markets. Real estate investment trust take the honors for the best asset class for five and ten year periods. Large...