BIBLICAL INTERPRETATION AMONG AFRICAN-AMERICAN NEW TESTAMENT SCHOLARS
- ANÃLISIS LITERARIO Y EXEGÃ‰TICO DE GÃLATAS 5:1-6. Sosa Siliezar, Carlos Raúl // DavarLogos;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p57
A literary analysis of Galatians 5:1-6 highlights the important semantic elements of the text. It reveals relationships between verses that open new possibilities of comprehension of the meaning of the text. This analysis of Galatians 5:1-6 is preceded by three elements: its literary genre, its...
- Matthew 23-25: The Extent of Jesus' Fifth Discourse. Hood, Jason // Journal of Biblical Literature;Fall2009, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p527
This article presents an analysis of the extent of Jesus' discourse in chapters 23-25 in the biblical Book of Matthew. The author notes that the most prominent and best-known features in the Book of Matthew are a series of five discourses which scholars propose form the integral macrostructure...
- Mountains in the Scriptures can mean kingdoms but can also mean 'obstacles'. Riley, William // Ellis County Press;12/ 8/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p4
The article discusses the message reflected in Mark 11:22-23 of the Bible.
- Start To Finish. // Bible Study Magazine;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p26
The article offers tips on how to read the letters of Paul, the Apostle.
- SPRIT VS. FLESH. // Bible Study Magazine;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p40
The article offers tips in interpreting Paul's passage in Galatians, which refers to the fight between the flesh and the spirit.
- O "BOM" SAMARITANO (Lc 10,29-37) REFLEXï¿½ES HERMENï¿½UTICAS A PROPï¿½SITO DE "IGREJA SAMARITANA". Rabuske, Irineu J. // Teocomunicaï¿½ï¿½o;2008, Vol. 38 Issue 161, p327
The article discusses the exegetical and hermeneutical validity of the expression "Samaritan Church" used in the document of Aparecida and its reception. It starts from remembering the meaning of the literary gender of the parables in the Gospels, and then considers the context and the text of...
- The Land is mine: Place and Dislocation in the Letter to the Hebrews. Petterson, Christina // Sino-Christian Studies;Dec2007, Vol. 4, p69
This article looks at the relationship between place and space in the letter to the Hebrews and the scholarly field. As point of departure I have chosen various readings of the ?ataï¿½pa?s?? motif in Hebrews chapters 3-4. Through these readings I aim to show, that the interpreters engage in a...
- Luke 16:16: The Good News of God's Kingdom Is Proclaimed and Everyone Is Forced into It. Ramelli, Ilaria L. E. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Winter2008, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p737
This article presents the author's views on Luke 16:16, a gospel from the Bible. The author states that as the last words in Luke 16:16 are lacking in some manuscripts, modern versions including the new revised standard version (NRSV), King James version (KJV) and American standard version...
- Democratisation of Communication and Biblical Hermeneutics. Raja, John Joshva // Asia Journal of Theology;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p431
Presents a study that identified one of the major issues in the democratization and social role of communication and developed a Biblical Hermeneutics in the light of this issue. Definition of democratization and communication; Factors affecting the democratization of communication; Challenges...