The Crime Database Battle
- CIQM report on database quality. Armstrong, Chris // Database;Dec94, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p45
Presents information on database quality in the United States as of December 1994. Definition of quality; Role of the Center for Information Quality Management (CIQM); Issues tackled by CIQM; Problems of major databases; Future of database quality.
- Remembering My 24 Years of Service To Jefferson. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/5/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p40
Presents the author's reflections on serving for 25 years as sheriff of Jefferson Parish in Louisiana. Law enforcement experience of members of the author's staff; Criticism received by the author for his management style; Solution rate for murders in unincorporated Jefferson; Response time to...
- Introduction. Fuller, Charlie // Forensic Science;2003, p7
Comments on key issues concerning crime and crime prevention. Historical background on crime; Tools and techniques of law enforcement; Implications on studies of criminality and crime detection.
- GestiÃ³n y administraciÃ³n del sistema de informantes policiales en MÃ©xico. Fondevila, Gustavo Javier // SociolÃ³gica;ene-abr2010, Vol. 25 Issue 72, p111
One of the most important issues involved in any police force's criminal intelligence is how it manages it. This article analyzes the different forms of administration of police informants used by Mexico's Judicial Police. Using mixed methodologies (bibliographical analysis, interviews, and...
- Situational nature of crime investigation process: problem situations and approaches to their resolution. Bakhteev, D. V. // Russian Juridical Journal / Rossijskij Juridiceskij Zurnal;Jan2013, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p230
Crime investigation based on the situational approach is considered, the notion of investigative situations is given, their classification, stages of development are given. The information system of the problem situation is analyzed from the point of view of its dynamics. It is proposed to...
- Will the Internet Replace Your Filing Cabinet? Hemphill, Barbara // Business Credit;Jan2001, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on electronic filing of information by businesses. Four aspects of information management; Identifying information to keep; Two approaches to saving information electronically.
- New at the Zoo: ZIMS. Cohn, Jeffrey P. // BioScience;Jul2006, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p564
This article discusses the Zoological Information Management System (ZIMS), an Internet-based computer data system that could change how zoos and aquariums keep and use records. The system will allow keepers, curators, veterinarians, registrars, and other zoo and aquarium staffers to enter and...
- Chapter 5: Crime Analysis Products. Osborne, Deborah; Wernicke, Susan // Introduction to Crime Analysis;2003, p53
Chapter 5 of the book "Introduction to Crime Analysis: Basic Resources for Criminal Justice Practice," by Deborah Osborne and Susan Wernicke is presented. It features several crime analysis products which include tactical crime analysis bulletins, administrative reports, and crime maps in a...
- Chapter 6: Advice for the New Crime Analyst. Osborne, Deborah; Wernicke, Susan // Introduction to Crime Analysis;2003, p67
Chapter 6 of the book "Introduction to Crime Analysis: Basic Resources for Criminal Justice Practice," by Deborah Osborne and Susan Wernicke is presented. It offers pieces of advice for new crime analysts. It emphasizes the importance of prioritizing work and managing time efficiently and...