The Ultimate Perimeter
- Port Freeport Enhances Security. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/1/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p63
The article reports on the construction of a new security gate with state-of-the-industry access control systems and traffic arms by Port Freeport in April 2012.
- Access keypads: A good system fit. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan1999, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p67
Highlights the importance of the keypad of an outdoor access control system. Excellent control over physical access at a relatively low cost; Tips on how users can make their outside keypads more secure from public viewing; Two camps of thought about the security of such access devices.
- Access Control -- Beyond the Basics. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the use of access control systems by security dealers in the United States. Disadvantage of access control systems; Quiz regarding access control systems; Installation of request-to-exit motion detector and program.
- What's Wrong With This? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p31
Presents a question regarding the installation of an access control system for security. Generation of force event; Response of access systems to forced events; Program on access system.
- Central vs. Distributed. Embree, William B.; Wicks, Sean // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2003, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p32
Explores the need to understand the differences between central and distributed architecture when implementing an access control system. Advantages and disadvantages of centralized and remote or distributed architecture; Technical capabilities of communication protocol; Example of centralized...
- Protecting Your Assets. McNichols, Shawn // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on convergence of access control and asset protection in the United States. Description of access control; Applications of asset protection; Implication of the convergence for security and information technology departments; Types of asset protection systems.
- Optical, mechanical turnstiles: Tools for security enhancement. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul98, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p21
Looks at the two kinds of turnstiles that are used to monitor or control who goes in and out of facilities, namely the mechanical turnstiles and the optical turnstiles. Features; Innovations; Advantages; Uses.
- Facility Security: Access Systems--Part 1. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;May2000, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p70
Part I. Focuses on access control systems' use of keypads, magnetic card readers or proximity readers to secure a facility. Electronic access systems; Identification means; Controllers.
- The Credential of the Future. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2014, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p79
The article examines the impact of access credentialing in the security systems industry in the U.S. as well as the possibility that access credentialing technologies will be combined.