- SPEAKING OUT ON SECURITY. McLaughlin, Susan // Health Facilities Management;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p43
States that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is developing a new guidance document covering health facility security issues as of September 2005. Highlights on the document; Importance of reducing vulnerabilities; Components of security.
- Untitled. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;9/29/2003 Supplement, Vol. 33, p2
Introduces a series of articles which deals with hospitals in the U.S.
- Denver hospital called disruptive competitor. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep98, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p22
Reports that the Precedent Health Center in Denver, Colorado, has increased competitive tensions in the city's healthcare market. Percentage of the city's hospital beds that are occupied on any given day; Precedent Health Center's focus on outpatients or stays of no more than 72 hours; Patient...
- Resting on Laurels Is Never an Option. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2007, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p79
The article presents information on the Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus, Indiana. It was awarded the AHA McKesson Quest for Quality prize which honors leadership and innovation in patient care quality, safety and commitment. Columbus Regional embraces the Institute of Medicine's six Aims...
- Alta Resuscitates OC Community Hospital of Buena Park. Lin // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p34
Presents news briefs pertaining to medical care in Orange County, California as of December 13, 1999. Includes Orange County Community Hospital of Buena Park's reopening; Side effect of the painkiller Cox-2 discovered by researchers at the University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine;...
- Area hospitals/ urgent care facilities. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p27
Provides information on several hospitals and urgent care facilities in Texas in 2005. Arlington Memorial Hospital in Arlington; Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth; Harris Methodist HEB Hospital in Bedford; Harris Methodist Northwest Hospital in Azle.
- Ashford Presbyterian invests $12 million to continue expanding. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;2/5/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the expansion of the Ashford Presbyterian Hospital in Condado, Puerto Rico. Budget allocated for the project; Construction of a wing with pharmacy, rooms for surgery and labor, delivery and recovery; Opening of a pediatric unit in March 2004.
- SRH to be completed â€” finally. // Northern Ontario Business;Nov2005, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
Reports that construction of the Sudbury Regional Hospital capital project has continued in Sudbury, Ontario, in 2005.
- 2004 INNOVATOR AWARDS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2004, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p46
Lists hospitals which are recipients of the 2004 innovator awards in the U.S. Abington Memorial Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Central Dupage Health in Winfield, Illinois; Berkshire Health Systems in Pittsfield, Massachusetts.