May coupon payments swell funds, pushing prices up
- Late January effect leaves managers cash-rich, option-poor. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;01/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30563, p7
Reports on the performance of United States money market funds in January 1999. Large inflows recorded by money market funds from January's coupon payments; Favorable response to the negotiated offering from the Indiana Bond Bank; Investment moves made by portfolio managers Kevin Shaughnessy,...
- Three Funds For A Volatile Market. Clifford, Lee // Fortune;7/24/2000, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p318
Offers information on several large-cap funds which the author believes to be good investments. Effect of volatile technology stocks on an investor's portfolio; Stocks believed to be safe, including Whitehall Growth and PBHG Large Cap Growth.
- Lonsec sprints the final leg. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;8/25/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p21
The article presents the findings of a survey which showed that Lonsec Ltd. has come out top as the best-regarded research house among financial planning dealer groups in Australia. The study was measured based on a range of criteria from client service through to model portfolios and value for...
- N.J. Sets $11B Alternative Asset Allocation. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the alternative investments allocation set by the state of New Jersey. Forms of alternative investments allocation; Value of the fund of New Jersey; Amount allocated to alternative investments.
- Money market funds make maiden voyage to Britain. Hildrey, Simon // Fund Strategy;11/19/2007, p16
The article reports on the introduction of qualifying money market funds (QMMFs) in Great Britain. According to the author, to be a QMMF, funds must meet certain criteria that follow the regulations used in the U.S., known as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rule 2a-7. QMMFs must...
- Prime Money Market Fund Exodus Slowing. // Plan Advisor News;10/27/2016, p1
The article reports that according to Fitch Ratings Money Fund Reform Dashboard prime money fund managers are reverting back to normal portfolio management strategies following implementation of money fund reform due to stabilization of outflows from prime funds.
- It's all about credit quality. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;2/22/2002, p23
Discusses the role of money market funds in capital preservation of investors in South Africa. Collapse of banking group, Saambou; Influences in choosing money market funds; Ways investors assess the credit quality of money market funds.
- Another bumper year. // Finweek;7/19/2007 Supplement, p8
The article reports on the excellent management of the money market fund by the Absa Asset Management, a financial services company, in South Africa. The development is characterized by the R57bn mark which is the biggest unit trust constituting over nine percent of all assets under the market....
- Direxion HY Bear Prepares To Roar. K. L. // High Yield Report;6/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p1
The article profile Direxion Funds which is a mutual fund group that includes a long-only high yield fund and a high yield bear fund, among its 22 leveraged index funds, managed by Rafferty Asset Management. The firm, formerly operated under the name of Protomac Funds, with its president and...