Senior project scores Baltimore stadium lot
- A lifeline for seniors. Estes, Cary // Presbyterians Today;2010, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p12
The article offers information on the development of the affordable housing project headed by retired Presbyterian minister Jack Sharp such as the Stadium Place retirement and Govans Ecumenical Development Corp. (GEDCO) for the low- and middle-income senior citizens.
- A HELPING HAND. Norris, Heather // Baltimore Jewish Times;11/22/2013, Vol. 335 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on 2013 point-in-time statistics from the office of Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, mayor of Baltimore, Maryland on number of homeless Baltimoreans in 2013. It discusses several programs and organizations which aim to help homeless including residential treatment program Baltimore...
- What to do with an old stadium? Baltimore hears 3 ideas. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p26
Discusses the three proposed development projects for the old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland. Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse's plan to build a mixed-use development with a $55 million price tag; Govans Ecumenical Development Corp.'s intent to build 600 units of housing for low- and...
- AAHSA urges Congress to reinstate section 202 funding. // Journal of Housing;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging's (AAHSA) urgings for the reinstatement of Section 202 funding program the members of Congress. Benefits to poor elderly persons with disabilities; Findings of Market Facts poll survey.
- HOUSING FOR THE AGEING POPULATION OF SINGAPORE. Harrison, James D. // Ageing International;Winter/Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 3/4, p32
Outlines a number of initiatives to provide for the housing needs of aging population in Singapore. Social stability and housing; Aging, family patterns and housing policy; Retirement age in Singapore.
- SENIOR LIVING. // Louisville Magazine;Mar2013 Health Guide, p25
The article lists the three types of senior housing which are assisted living, long term care, and independent living in Louisville, Kentucky for March 2013 which include the Mercy Providence Retirement Home, Senior Care, and Sacred Heart Village.
- Survey: Elderly in public housing have more health problems. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/14/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 15, pB4
The article reports on a study which reveals that older adults who dwell in public housing owned by government in Washington are twice as likely to report fair or poor health, compared with those in other community dwellings.
- Back to School? // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p27
The article discusses the results of an online survey of senior living facilities in the U.S. regarding menu choices and payment plans conducted by the Senior Living Division of Zeigler Capital Market Group.
- Benefits changes infuriate landlords. // Estates Gazette;4/13/2002, Issue 215, p46
Deals with the response of landlords providing sheltered accommodations for the elderly on a state benefit for elderly or vulnerable people in Great Britain. Impact of the state benefit to landlords.