Women now majority as state, local jobs rise
- Allow Us to Reintroduce Ourselves. Burt-Murray, Angela // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses various papers published within the issue including one on women in the military, one on women in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama and another on personal beauty.
- inside the office of . . . SIEGELBAUM, DEBBIE // Hill;10/19/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 143, p36
The article features Karilyn Satterthwaite, staff of U.S. Representative Jason Chaffetz.
- Gresham steps up as EMHS interim director. // Kalihwisaks;1/23/2014, p1A
The article announces the appointment of Kaylynn Gresham as interim director of the Emergency Management Homeland Security in Wisconsin.
- Too Hard? // Time;7/16/1951, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p87
The article discusses the U.S. civil service examination that a "New York Times" reporter questioned as potentially faulty, considering that only 45 of the 1,800 women who took the test qualified to become junior management assistants. The U.S. government's special Joint Committee of Expert...
- Feds looking for a few good men, women and Hispanics. Garcia, Ivonee // Caribbean Business;6/15/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p52
Reports on the United States Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) efforts to recruit more women and Hispanics into the federal government. Disparities in federal employment; Statistical profile issued by OPM under the title `Women in Federal Government.'
- Good works make good outreach. Winters, Michael Sean // National Catholic Reporter;6/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p22
The article profiles Alexia Kelley from the White House Office for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, who attended the catholic University of America conference in the U.S. It states that Kelly talked about the programs and initiatives concerning labor matters which were undertaken by...
- Government employment. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p12
Reports on trends in government employment in the United States. 1993 data for employment by industry; Total government employment from 1983 to 1993; Government employment shares; Relative earnings of government workers from 1983 to 1993.
- Working for US in the 1990s. Green, Kathleen // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on various aspects of employment with the United States government in the 1990s. The government as the nation's single largest employer; The Pendleton Act; The Office of Personnel Management (OPM); Administrative Careers with America (ACWA); Vacancy announcements and job listings;...
- The quick guide to occupations in Administrative Careers with America. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p18
Offers a brief rundown of the qualifications required to enter occupations under the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Administrative Careers With America Program. Agency; Educational requirements; Number of people working within the occupation as of September 30, 1991; General Schedule...