- The Winds of Change. Claypool, Eddie // Bowhunter;2003 Whitetail Special, p94
This article focuses on the white-tailed deer hunting expeditions of the author in several months of the fall season. To take whitetail deer throughout the fall, a bowhunter must change along with the seasons. As a youngster, the author remembers how this change of seasons always lit a burning...
- Wet winter, spring is good news for hunters. McDonald, Robert C. // Wilson County News;11/4/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 44, p1D
The article mentions of opening of hunting season in the November 4, 2015 week in Texas for white-tailed deer along with hunting option for migratory birds like turkey and quail, and mentions that rain before winters has done good to wildlife.
- Make a Food Plot Trap. // Outdoor Life;Apr2013, Vol. 220 Issue 4, p31
The article focuses on hunting technique of whitetail hunting veteran Randy Birdsong to create a food plot to trap whitetails.
- Find The Big Bucks Now! Robb, Bob // Whitetail Journal;Apr2003, p8
Focuses on the preparations needed for the hunting season of whitetailed deer during autumn. Assessment of the location of a good hunting site; Reliable way to pinpoint the whereabouts of a deer; Equipment needed to scout a hunting location.
- The Other Trophy. Ray, Brandon // Bowhunter;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p100
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of having wild game meals including zebra meat, fried wild turkey nuggets and backstrap of whitetail buck.
- Whitetails far & wide. Schuh, Dwight // Bowhunter;Oct96 Special Issue, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p42
Comments on the importance of recognizing regional differences for successful white-tail deer hunting in the United States. Deer kills influenced by range size; Rut intensity contributing to more deer kills in the Southern States; Ease in hunting deer in refuge areas.
- Deer management: 1996. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Oct96 Special Issue, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on study findings concerning white-tailed deer hunting in the United States. Crop losses avoided in Illinois credited to proper deer population management promoted through hunting; Strategies for hiding employed by whitetailed deers Mississippi; Impact of removing dominant bucks in...
- I missed a booner! (but learned a lesson). Miller, Greg // Bowhunter;Oct96 Special Issue, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p82
Presents the lessons learned by the author on human nature and humility after failing to kill a white-tailed buck during a bowhunting expedition in Iowa. Missing of an opportunity to kill the deer inspite of the animal's proximity; Overconfidence causing the author to miss the deer; Reaction of...
- Low-down tactics for whitetails. Waite, Rich // Bowhunter;Oct96 Special Issue, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p116
Describes techniques for hunting white-tailed deer in areas with heavy forests. Construction of a camouflaged hunting spot; Recommendation of the fencerow technique for outwitting the deer's sight; Suggestions on determining suitable hunting locations in dense forests. INSET: Ground hunting:...