Bill brings short-term debt sales by Houston school district closer
- Maricopa USD Eyes Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/19/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33251, p9
The article reports that the Maricopa County Unified School District No. 80 in Arizona has formed a 48-member citizens bond committee to consider a possible general obligation debt election in November 2010.
- WASHINGTON: Ballot Items' Credit Impact. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p9
The article reports on the statewide ballot measures with credit implications in Washington. Initiative 960 was placed on the ballot through petition campaign organized by political activist Tim Eyman which requires public advisory votes for non-voter approved tax hikes. The SJR 8206 would...
- Three California School Districts Ready $98M in Refinancing Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p44
Reports on the advancement of a deal to refinance emergency loans issued to three California school districts. Total amount of the deals; Cause of the delays; Ratings assigned to the deals.
- The Pennsylvania Budget Crisis and its Effect on Policy for Public Education. Sosar, David P. // International Journal of Humanities & Social Science;Feb2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p145
Over the past three decades the amount of state funding provided to the 500 school districts across the state of Pennsylvania has decreased from a high of fifty percent of educational funding to a current thirty-five percent. Reports over the past several years such as the Costing Out Report...
- Illinois School Districts' Use of CABs Not All Negative, Moody's Reports. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/17/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32609, p3
The article reports on the credit profile of some school districts that rely heavily on premium bond structures in Illinois. The rating agency found that the state's school district sector does not face immediate credit pressure from the use of premium bond structures. The author discusses the...
- W. Seneca CSD, N.Y., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/30/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32165, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned A2 rating to the Series 2005 bond transaction of Seneca Central School District in New York. Revision made to the school district's outstanding general obligation debt; Influence of the district's strong financial operations on the...
- Rosholt School District, Wis., Downgraded to A-Plus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34404, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term rating to A-plus from AA-minus on Rosholt School District, Wis.' general obligation debt.
- OHIO: S&P Negative on School. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/29/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32517, p39
The article reports on the revised Standard & Poor's rating outlook for South-Western City School District in Ohio, from stable to negative. The action affects $135 million of the district's debt. The downgraded rating was due to the increasing financial pressure and a project structural...
- Johnson Co. USD 231, Kan., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term and underlying ratings on Unified School District Johnson County No. 231 (Gardner-Edgerton), Kan.'s existing general obligation debt to AA-minus from A-plus.