Jefferson Co. loses to Moody's again
- Intense scrutiny taking its toll on the municipal-bond industry. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;6/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the investigation of the municipal-bond industry stemming from a legal dispute between a Colorado school district and Moody's Investors Service. Industry's operation at a level of finance that public schools venture into when they need big money to build new schools; Claims against...
- Colorado school district files appeal in case against Moody's. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;07/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30197, p3
Reports that the Jefferson County School District in Colorado is asking a federal appeals court to hear charges that Moody's Investor Service Inc. intentionally sabotaged a district bond issue for not being hired to rate the debt. Moody's negative rating of the bond issue; Lower court's...
- Moody's in crosshairs of Justice Department. // Hill;2/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p16
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Justice to file a lawsuit against ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. for allegedly defrauding investors.
- Connecticut to Receive $900,000 From Raters in Settlement of Lawsuit. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/19/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33601, p8
The article reports on the about 900,000 dollars credit that will receive by Connecticut from the three major rating agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc., Standard & Poor's Corp., and Fitch Ratings Ltd., as part of a settlement from their lawsuit accusing of unfairly lowering ratings.
- Ohio Attorney General Files Suit Alleging Collusion on ABS Ratings. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/24/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33222, p3
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Attorney General Richard Cordray against credit rating agencies, Fitch Ratings Ltd., Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P), and Moody's Investors Service Inc., for alleged collusion on asset-backed securities (ABS) ratings in Ohio. He accused them of colluding...
- CalPERS Suit Against Rating Agencies Could 'Go the Distance'. Anderson, Heather // Credit Union Times;7/29/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p3
The article discusses the court case wherein the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) sue Moodys', Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings Ltd. over three structured investment vehicles (SIVs) declined in 2007 and 2008 in the U.S. CalPERS alleges that the rating firms...
- Sarasota County, Fla., Hospital Gets A Downgrade and Negative Outlook. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p3
Reports that Fitch Ratings has downgraded the Sarasota County, Florida., Public Hospital Board. Modification of the credit outlook; Adjustment of unexpected losses; Reduction of reimbursement.
- Fitch Hits Howard County, Md., With Negative Outlook. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p4
Reports on the credit rating of Howard County, Maryland by Fitch Ratings. Lower-than-expected income tax receipts of the county; Rating of the general obligation bonds of the county.
- Moody's Gives Negative Outlooks to Two More Air Issuers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p5
Reports on the downgrade in credit outlooks of Cleveland, Ohio and Orange County, California by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Impact of the terrorist attacks on the airport revenue bonds of the states; Estimation of the total operating expenditures for the airport; Revised outlook provided by...