Bill's goal: Get teams to pay up
- Seattle Stadium survives. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p1
Reports that the United States Supreme Court has decided not to hear a challenge to a 1997 municipal bond referendum that approved financing for a stadium in Seattle, Washington. Construction of a sports facility for the Seattle Seahawks football team; Conditions imposed on team owner Paul...
- Demolition of Seattle Kingdome Will Clear Way for New Construction Debt. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p3
Reports on the Washington State's municipal bonds deal to finance the construction of a stadium in King County for the Seattle Seahawks football team as of March 20, 2000. Details of the general obligation bond deal.
- It ain't over 'til it's over: Minnesota unveils new stadium plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30324, p3
Reports on the unveiling of a Minnesota Twins baseball stadium financial plan which includes a bonding package designed by underwriting firms in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Sponsors of the measure; Features of the plan by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission.
- Hamilton County, Ohio, hikes bond request to back building of Bengals football stadium. Baar, Aaron // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p3
Reports on Hamilton County, Ohio's efforts in its request for $322 million stadium bond request. Use of debt proceeds to build the stadium for the Cincinnati Bengals football team; Expected issuance of revenue bonds by Cincinnati County; Need for the increase in the stadium bond to cover...
- Colorado increases taxpayer subsidy for stadium. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30339, p34
Reports on the decision by Colorado's Senate to pass a deal to build a new stadium for the Denver Broncos by increasing taxpayer funds available to back bonds for the project. Terms of the proposal; Criticisms to the deal.
- Ohio's busiest issuer: Ready again and hoping for appetite. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p28
Reports on the Ohio Building Authority's (OBA) scheduled issuance of lease rental bonds on March 22, 1999. Inclusion of proceeds for high-profile stadium projects in Cleveland and Cincinnati; Pricing and structure of the bond issue; Delay of Ohio's two-year capital bill because of uncertainty...
- Connecticut will dip into surplus to cover stadium's expanding price. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30615, p36
Reports that the state of Connecticut plans to use part of its projected budget surplus to help finance the construction of a bond-financed stadium project for the New England Patriots football team. Details of the state's budget realignment plan.
- Washington readies deal for Seattle Seahawks' new home. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;05/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30636, p7
Reports that Washington has determined a sale date and structure for its first series of stadium bonds for the Seattle Seahawks project. Causes of the postponement of the sale scheduled in January 1999; Financial advisers and bond counsels appointed for the project.
- New Denver bonds will kick off Broncos stadium project. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30686, p26
Reports on the Denver, Colorado-based Denver Metropolitan Football Stadium District's municipal bond issue for the construction of a new Denver Broncos football stadium. Details of the bond issue.