- Super freaks. Sullivan, Mark T. // Outdoor Life;Sep96, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p64
Focuses on antler deformations in white-tailed deers. World record non-typical whitetails; Causes of antler deformation.
- Ask the Biologist. Hurst, Jeremy // New York State Conservationist;Dec2009, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p29
The article presents an answer to a question of whether white-tailed deer lose their antlers naturally.
- Deer With Record Antlers DIES. Sutton, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Apr2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p21
The article reports that the white-tailed deer called Sudden Impact, which was recorded as having the biggest antlers, died in late August 2009.
- Love-Struck Buck Loses Head-Butting Contest. Sutton, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p21
The article reports on the death of a white-tailed deer at a backyard of Mark Brye of Viroqua, Wisconsin because the deer head-butted a 640-pound elk statue.
- RATTLIN' MAGIC. Wootters, John // Outdoor Life;Nov2000, Vol. 206 Issue 4, p50
Presents tips on antler rattling when hunting for white-tailed bucks. Approach to a rattling site; Method of rattling to reproduce the sounds of a battle between dominant bucks; Advice for rattling on public land.
- A Time for Bucks and Tines. // Audubon;May87, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p67
Features the antlers of white-tailed deer of North America. Antlers as the pride and glory of bucks; Solid bone composing the antlers; Increasing charge of the male hormone testosterone in the blood ripening the antlers and halting their growth, causing the blood supply to be cut off; Typical...
- Learning From Sheds. Weishun, Larry // Outdoor Life;Mar2001, Vol. 207 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the hunting advantages of studying the cast antlers of whitetail. How antler's size indicate the age of a whitetail; Descriptions of antler types; Advice on whitetail hunting. INSET: SHEDDING LIGHT ON ANTLERS.
- The Big-Buck Zones. McKean, Andrew // Outdoor Life;Sep2009, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p43
The article presents information related to trophy whitetails in the U.S. It has been confirmed by an analysis of records accepted within the last decade by the Boone and Crockett and Pope and Young clubs that the Midwest is the most consistent producer of trophy antlers. It is further reported...
- SCORE A B&H BUCK. Heavey, Bill // Field & Stream;Dec2015/Jan2016, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p118
An excerpt from a conversation between the author and his friend is presented which focuses on whitetail deer hunting and collection of deer antlers.