SEC's S.F. chief leaves for law firm
- OU prof honored by inventor group. // Athens News;12/16/2013, p18
The article informs that David Bayless, professor of mechanical engineering at the Ohio University, has received a fellow of the National Academy of Inventors for developing engineering technologies which addresses issues of energy and environment in the U.S.
- patent watch. S. U. // Plenty;Jun/Jul2008, Issue 22, p41
The article reports on the bioreactor design made by mechanical engineer David Bayless at Ohio University and his colleagues. In order to address the problem of culturing algae for being a biofuel source, the researchers designed the bioreactor scheme that allows the plant to thrive in...
- Plants to the rescue. Kleiner, Kurt // New Scientist;08/05/2000, Vol. 167 Issue 2250, p15
Reports on the belief that algae from hot springs in Yellowstone National Park could be used to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power stations. Construction of an algae filter by David Bayless et al; Plans to attach the filter to the exhaust system of a coal-burning power station; Ability...
- Police Tricks. Howley, Kerry // Reason;Oct2005, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p12
Presents on the decision of the Chicago Police Department to post photographs of alleged prostitute clients online in Illinois. Statement issued by city mayor Richard Daley on the initiative; Claims of an alleged client against the decision; Reasons behind the conceptualization of the initiative...
- Editor's notebook. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;Nov97, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p3
Comments on the information about government managers offered by the periodical `Government Executive.' Launching of such information through seminars; Identification of job pressures affecting government managers; Discussion of changes representing key management challenges for government...
- Government Structure. // Liberia Country Review;2009, p36
The article offers information on the government structure of Liberia including its type as well as the officials of the executive, legislative and judicial branch.
- Principal Government Officials. // Egypt Country Review;2012, p88
The article lists the principal government officials of Egypt as of 2011 including Egyptian President Muhammad Hussein Tantawi, Deputy Prime Minister Yehia El-Gamal, and Prime Minister Kamal Ganzouri.
- New state managers take the reins. // Architecture Australia;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p88
Looks at various positions taken up in both the Victorian and South Australia Chapters by new state managers. Names and positions of persons; Sue Averay's position; Professional background of Averay; Comments from Averay.
- A Decade's Difference. SHOOP, TOM // Government Executive;Sep2011, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on changes in the U.S. federal government operations and another on government executive.