Former CFO of Arizona DOT moves to FHWA
- Agencies Downgrade Top Executives. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;Nov2002, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p14
Focuses on lesser promotional opportunities and bonuses for senior executives of U.S. federal agencies, as of November 2002. Allocation of fewer bonuses to executives of the Internal Revenue Service; Recommendation of the Office of Personnel Management for linking an executive's performance...
- Report showcases bike planning. // American City & County;Sep97, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p94
Provides information on the report that includes reviews of the long-range transporation plans for bicycling and walking of more than 200 state and metropolitan planning organizations released by the Federal Highway Administration. Detailed information on what the issue included; Who the report...
- And the winner is... DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Oct97, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p10
Reports that the US Federal Highway Administration is seeking nominations for the National Scenic Byways and All-American Roads. Deadline for the nomination.
- FHwA issues rules on private-sector program. // Point of Beginning;Apr/May95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p95
Reports that the Federal Highway Administration (FHwA) issued final rules on the Private Sector Involvement Program. Bonus grants to states that increase the use of contracts with private sector firms for engineering, surveying, mapping and other design-related services; Modifications to its...
- It's the Zone Ranger. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Jul96, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p123
Reports on Zone Ranger, the Federal Highway Administration's animated character in its `Don't Hang Out in the No Zone' campaign.
- Technology transfer -- American style. Shrieves, George; Williams, Williams // Public Roads;Dec92, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p112
Presents the task of Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) on moving the results of research and development from the laboratory and innovative technologies from other sources into practice. Technology transfer mission of the FHWA; Technology application programs of the FHWA; Grants for...
- New FHWA leaders take charge. // Public Roads;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p31
Announces the confirmation on the appointment of Rodney E. Slater as administrator of the Federal Highway Administration. Slater's career background; Award received by Slater; Jane F. Garvey's appointment as deputy administrator of FHWA; Garvey's previous position before the appointment;...
- Asphalt binder equipment circulates through RMUPG. // Public Roads;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p33
Presents information on the use of the Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP). Federal Highway Administration's effort in the education and training of transportation personnel in the use of the program; Expectations on the equipment and tests developed by the SHRP.
- Conferences. // Public Roads;Winter95, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p43
Reports on the series of conferences sponsored by the Human Factors Team of the US Federal Highway Administration's Office of Safety and Traffic Operations Research and Development at the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado on August 5-8, 1995....