- The impact of M&As: Ups and downs of utility credit ratings. Jones, Cate // Electrical World;Jul96, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the impact of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) on electric utility ratings in the United States. Issues that are considered when evaluating utility M&As; Bidding wars sparked by hostile takeover attempts; Impact of a utilities' mergers with companies outside the electric power...
- Financial analysts expect harder times. // Electric Light & Power;Dec93, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p1
Reports on major utility rating agencies' downgrading of investor-owned electric utilities' credit ratings in the United States. Riskiness of lower-rated deby issues; Changes in the utility market to meet the more competitive marketplace; Revision of rating outlooks by Standard & poors Ratings...
- S&P rates California's interim power exchange. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;11/13/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30520, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor's credit rating to California's interim power exchange.
- FELPS powers on $9.5M new debt. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;9/17/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 38, p1A
The article reports on the growing concern of credit-rating agencies over the issuance of additional $9.5 million debt for electric utility Floresville Electric Light & Power System (FELPS) in Wilson County, Texas.
- Moody's: N.C. Util. Not Set to Compete. // Bond Buyer;10/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30987, p2
Discusses Moody's Investors Service's review of the credit positions of North Carolina's municipally owned electric utilities.
- Power Co credit ratings warning. // Power Economics;Oct2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Standard and Poor's has issued credit ratings warnings to electricity generation companies in Great Britain as of October 2000. Deterioration in the firms' financial performance projected by the ratings agency.
- Credit worsens in US. // Power Economics;Jan2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p30
Reports on the decreasing credit ratings of the investor-owned utilities in the U.S. Reduction of investor confidence; Volatility of the power prices.
- T-fired unit NOx retrofit gets beachhead in the south. Jones, Cate // Power;Jan95, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p55
Discusses the use of tangentially-fired boilers by electric utilities in the southern states. Compliance with NOx emissions restrictions of the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990; Burner design parameters; Retrofit details; Operational experience; Combination of wall and T-fired.
- Downgrade could raise wholesale costs. // Utility Week;3/1/2013, p5
The article reports on a forecast by analysts that the downgrading of Great Britain's credit rating will result to an increase in energy bills.