- Strong Cuts Bond PMs, Clients Take Notice. Forde, Arnella // Investment Management Weekly;7/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the decision of Strong Capital Management to terminate its fixed-income portfolio.
- Unions Enlist Strong to Run Funds. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the announcement that Strong Capital Management company will manage the core-plus fixed income portfolio of Sheet Metal Workers' National Pension Fund and the small-capitalization portfolio of Teamsters Local Union #639.
- Colorado Iron Picks Strong. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the selection of Strong Capital Management by Colorado Iron Workers to run the latter's intermediate fixed-income portfolio in April 2002.
- Investor profile: Strong Capital. // Asset Securitization Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the securitization investment strategies of United States firm Strong Capital Management Inc. Investments in collateralized debt obligations, mortgage-backed securities (MBS) and collateralized MBS; Total assets managed; Purchase of floating-rate paper in the top-tier of the capital...
- WHAT MAKES A STRONG FUND? Carbonara, Peter; Polyak, Ilana // Money;Fall2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p102
Focuses on mutual fund manager Dick Strong, who made a fortune on the fund boom. Background on his mutual fund company, Strong Capital; How Strong became rich by investing; Career background; Comments of Strong; Investment approach; How Strong's business grew in the 1990s, but has had a mixed...
- Managers offer `strong' returns. Campbell, Kim // Christian Science Monitor;7/12/96, Vol. 88 Issue 159, pB4
Focuses on Dick Weiss and Marina Carlson, growth-fund managers for the Strong Capital Management Inc. Search for unpopular sectors where one can invest in before others follow; Handling of price risks; Search for a private market value for mid-sized companies.
- Fixed income: Core-plus portfolios look to be on comeback trail after 3 hard years. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;2/18/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the status of core-plus fixed-income portfolios in the U.S. List of companies with increase in core-plus portfolio; Performance of the core-plus composite of Strong Capital; Forecast on core-plus portfolios.
- INVESTMENTS. // On Wall Street;Oct2000, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p31
Presents updates on the fund investment market in the United States as of October 2000. Details on the first floating-rate mutual fund of Fidelity Investments Institutional Services Co.; Information on the Mercury Funds family of Merrill Lynch Investment Managers; Features of the Liberty...
- In Brief. // American Banker;7/19/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 137, p8
Presents investment-related news items in the United States, compiled on July 19, 2000. Nationwide Financial Services Inc.'s investment in BrightLane.com; Information technology professionals' preference to investing in high-technology stocks; Web-based funds launched by Liberty Funds...