Virginia housing agency, bank to offer low-cost mortgages to military
- SIMPLE TECHNOLOGY with BROAD APPLICATIONS. Jones, Ed // Mortgage Banking;Aug2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p60
Presents information on the automated underwriting technology offered by mortgage lenders in the United States. Virginia Housing Development Authority; SolunaFirst Mortgage; First Franklin Financial Corp.
- Mortgages to go. Cutter, Sean // State Government News;Nov97, Vol. 40 Issue 9, pVIII
Focuses on Virginia's mortgage lending services for low-income families. Recognition of the program by the Council of State Governments (CSG) through its 1997 Innovations Awards; Housing Development Authority's use of a converted recreational vehicle called the Mobile Mortgage Office to deliver...
- BB&T Changes Its Operational Approach. Collins, Brian // Origination News;Feb2014, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the changes brought in mortgage operation at the American bank Branch Banking & Trust Co., to have control over underwriting and loan processing and informs that the bank's customers can get mortgage from local branch offices.
- Tech Automates Review of a Borrower's Military Status. Kilgore, Austin // Mortgage Servicing News;Jul2011, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p35
The article reports on the usage of the Military Status Service Search software which helps the verification of the military status of mortgage borrowers in the U.S.
- Virginia housing authority returns with $332 million of escrow bonds. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;10/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30505, p30
Reports that the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) is slated to take bids on its short-term escrow mode (STEM) bonds. Value of the escrow bonds the housing development authority is planning to take bids on; List of winning bidders on previous STEM deals; VHDA's option to either...
- Home Financing. Chucala, Steven // Soldiers;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p32
The article discusses different types of loans that are available for U.S. soldiers who plan to own a home. It includes fixed-rate loans or mortgages which are the most common home loans, adjustable-rate loans or mortgages which offer lower initial interest than with a fixed-rate loan and...
- Learning Military Borrowers' Needs. Finkelstein, Brad // Origination News;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1
The article report that Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp. organized a "boot camp" in Tucson, Arizona, to train its employees on how to effectively serve military clients and become "Military Mortgage Specialists" and states that the corresponding course syllabus includes an operations guide.
- BB&T Starts 10% Haircut for Quality. Harmon, Jennifer // National Mortgage News;5/3/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the move of residential lender BB&T Corp. to hold back 10% of the commissions given to its mortgage loan officers (LOs) until it can determine the ultimate performance of the loans in the U.S. The decision will be based on early payment defaults, past-dues and charge offs...
- BB&T USES FISERV'S UNIFI PRO TO MANAGE 45 PERCENT GROWTH. // Mortgage Banking;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p96
Reports on the growth of mortgage loan portfolio of Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based BB&T Corp. between 1998-2002. Percentage growth in mortgage loan portfolio of the company; Role of Lake Mary, Florida-based Fiserv Lending Solutions' UniFi pro Mortgage in the growth; Development of the...