- THE SOUTH'S FOREST FRONTIER AND THE WAR. Demmon, E. L. // Social Forces;May43, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p397
In mobilizing U.S. Southern forests for an all-out war effort, as well as in planning for the readjustments that will inevitably follow the war, the South is armed with two arresting facts: first, that its forest lands have potentialities for maintaining, under higher standards of living, at...
- Biodiesel is good option for area growers. Roberson, Roy // Southeast Farm Press;5/19/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p1
The article offers information on the production rate of biodiesel in the U.S. It informs that from 2004 to 2008, the production increased from less than two million gallons per year to around 45 million gallons per year. It mentions that the biodiesel production fell to 32 million gallons in...
- How Four Once Common Diseases Were Eliminated From The American South. Humphreys, Margaret // Health Affairs;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p1734
Four major diseases stigmatized the American South in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries: yellow fever, malaria, hookworm, and pellagra. Each disease contributed to the inhibition of economic growth in the South, and the latter three severely affected children's development and adult...
- East South Central. // Electrical Wholesaling;Nov97, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p46
Presents data concerning the electrical wholesaling business in South East Central States from 1994 to 1998. Sales and employment per region; Estimated figures for 1997 and 1998.
- Southeastern hospitality. Andorka Jr., Frank H. // Hotel & Motel Management;4/1/96, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the hospitality industry in the Southern states in the United States. Construction patterns; Consolidation of old and modern properties; Predictions of continuous growth for the region. INSETS: Industry trends in the Southeast.;Forecast looks good for Orlando and Atlanta..
- Southeast. Degnan, Susan Miller // Yachting;Feb98, Vol. 183 Issue 2, p36
Reports on developments in the boating industry in the Southeastern States as of February 1998. Development of the 1998 marine industry legislative package for the Florida legislative session; Parade of Florida Marlins on Fort Lauderdale's New River to celebrate their victory at the 1997 World...
- Floods pester southern mills. // Pulp & Paper;Sep94, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p21
Reports that rains exacerbated by tropical storm Alberto caused production losses, shipping delays and material shortages for regional pulp and paper mills in the Southern United States. Companies affected by the natural disaster; Expected effect of the storm on wood chip prices.
- Southeast nudged by new. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/6/1997 Supplement, Vol. 173 Issue 106, p34
Reports that a big crop of new product launches is boosting sales in the Southeastern perfume business. Interest of women in new brands; Support for the classics; Names of top fragrance brands for men and women.
- Southeast stores in high spirits as they await fall launch crop. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/6/1997 Supplement, Vol. 174 Issue 47, p18
Provides an overview on the perfumes industry in the Southeast region. Projected single-digit sales gains at Rich's; Best-selling fragrances at Parisian; Product launches for fall at Burdines.