- Fitch Drops Tobacco Bonds From Government Debt Ratios. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p44
Reports the exclusion of tobacco securitization in the analysis of government debt ratios by Fitch Inc. in the United States. Characterization of the tobacco Master Settlement Agreement; Absence of government obligations to pay bondholders in the event of a default; Shift in corporate policy.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/30/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p4
Presents updates on emerging markets as of June 30, 2003. Debt agreement between the Dominican Republic and the International Monetary Fund; Plan of Russia to issue eurobonds; Joint launching of a fixed income fund by Bank of Beirut and First National Bank.
- Dollar funds suffer as euro funds boom. Brennan, Henry // Fundweb;4/17/2012, p5
The article reports that amid fears of a sovereign debt crisis spike, euro-denominated funds performed better than dollar funds in the week ending April 13, 2012. Fears that Spain may need a bailout, didn't affect the inflows into euro-denominated money market funds. According to iMoneyNet,...
- Russia: Global 30 Hits New High. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/23/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p13
Reports on an increase in the debt rating of Russia as of May 23, 2005. Causes of the increase; Value of Soviet era debt which the finance ministry is planning to convert into eurobonds; Condition of the business environment in the country.
- Venezuela: Investors Aware Of Long-Term Risks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/20/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p15
This article assesses the ability of the Venezuelan government to service its debt in 2011.
- SCOPE & MANAGEMENT OF THE PUBLIC DEBT. // Congressional Digest;Apr67, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p105
Focuses on the scope and management of the U.S. public debt as of 1968. Debt management; Distribution of the public debt; Statutory debt ceiling.
- Regional Politics: Whither Stability? // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/21/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p12
Assesses the stability of the economy of European countries in February 2005. Impact of bond yields on the debt markets in Poland; Increase in the value of Czechoslovakian koruna; Improvement in the Romanian leu; Forecast of the real gross domestic product growth in central and south-eastern...
- REDESIGNING THE RELEVANT PUBLIC CREDIT LEGISLATION UNDER THE SOVEREIGN DEBT CRISIS. Oprea, Florea // Law Review: Judicial Doctrine & Case-Law;Apr2012, Special section p1
In this article, the author addresses the issue of the European Union Member States government debt in terms of Community law and national law and the relationship between the two legal orders. To this end, the budgetary convergence criteria laid down in the Maastricht Treaty, in 1992, the...
- Opinia dotyczaca Zielonej ksiegi w sprawie mozliwosci wprowadzenia obligacji stabilnosciowych [KOM (2011) 818 wersja ostateczna]. Owsiak, Stanislaw; Pawlowski, Bartosz // Zeszyty Prawnicze;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p92
The paper addresses the concept of the so-called Eurobonds. A concept, which will place emphasis on the financial stability of sovereign debt market, facilitating access of member countries of the euro area to money lending, and reducing the cost of raising money. The Green Paper addresses...