NFA Expands Investigator Training
- The Science Behind Fire. // Curriculum Review;Mar2008, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p10
A description of the course The Chemistry of Fire being offered by the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and the Discovery Education company to high school students throughout the U.S. is provided.
- National Arson Forum reviews critical arson issues. Naylis, Gerard J. // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p26
Highlights the 1999 National Arson Forum, which focused on emerging trends in fire and arson investigation in the United States. Schedule and venue of the event; Sponsor; Sectors that participated in the event; Topics discussed; Fire prevention programs discussed during the forum.
- A proud tradition of firefighting through education. Linder, John // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the State Fire Marshal's Juvenile Fire Setter Program curriculum, introduced by Grand Rapids, Minnesota in the 1990s into its public education program. Currently managed by Fire Prevention & Education Officer John Linder, an eight-and-a-half year member of the Grand Rapids...
- Fire Education K-12: Lowering Fire Deaths. SIRIANNI, JOSEPH // Fire Engineering;Dec2015, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p80
The article discusses the importance of fire safety and explains how schools in the U.S. should educate their youth more about fire safety. Topics include the importance of fire safety in the classroom, need to incorporate fire safety and prevention into school curricula through 12th grade...
- CRITICAL REALISM. Jaquet, G. Jake // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p46
The article reports that the Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI) gives emphasis on training structures that enable rigorous and realistic training. The bottom line with all the training classes they run is safety, be it live-fire training or rope training or the use of tools or whatever. But...
- OSU plays international role. // Industrial Fire World;Winter2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the creation of the Department of Fire Protection and Safety Technology (FPST) as a fire protection curriculum of the Oklahoma State University. It recalls how the FPST was created in 1970 as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). It cites the courses...
- Ore. Teens Get 'Enhanced' Class with College Profs. CAMPBELL, ALICE // Community College Week;3/21/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p16
The article discusses the American Sign Language class offered at the Marshfield High School in Coos Bay, Oregon. According to the article, the course is a partnership of the school with Southwestern Community College which allows college professors to teach at the high school. Other...
- Security under fire as arsonist targets Holyrood. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;6/9/2004, Vol. 423 Issue 6479, p1
Focuses on an arson investigation being carried out after an intruder got on to the Holyrood Road surrounding the parliament site in Edinburgh, Scotland and started a fire in June 2004. Damage cost; Measures taken by Scottish parliament officials.
- On the Track of Arsonists. Luntz, Stephen // Australasian Science;May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the efforts of forensic chemistry student Mark Sandercock to develop a method of identifying gasoline samples so that the ones used to start arson fires can be matched to those in the possession of a suspect.