Candles Spark Fire Prevention Theme
- Fire Prevention Week Highlights Candle Safety. // Claims;Oct2005, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p10
Highlights the focus of the National Fire Protection Association on candle safety during Fire Prevention Week 2005 in the U.S. Rise in reported home candle fires from 2000 to 2001; Casualties caused by such fires; Alternatives to candles during power outage.
- Be Candle Safe! // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;10/7/2005, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p7
Presents tips for using candles safely in the home by the National Fire Protection Association. Avoidance of burning candles in bedrooms; Placement of candles a foot away from anything that could catch fire; Need for an adult to put out a burning candle before leaving the room.
- What's new for the 1996 edition of NFPA 13. McGreal, Mike // PM Engineer;Jul96, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the National Fire Protection Association's 1996 edition of the Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems. Responsibility of the Technical Committee on Automatic Sprinklers; Areas that were revised.
- What's new in NFPA 58 for 2001. Lemoff, Ted // LP/Gas;Jun2001, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the revision of the NFPA 58 rules of the National Fire Protection Association. Rules in the installation of propane systems; Qualification of personnel stipulated in the regulation; Requirements set for internal valves.
- Fire deaths, property damage increase in 1996, NFPA reports. // Professional Safety;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p64
Focuses on a report of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), on an increase of civilian fire deaths in the United States in 1996. Statistical information of fire fatalities and property damage; Comments from Dr. John Hall, assistant vice president of fire analysis and research;...
- July 3: Deadline for fire prevention code proposals. // Professional Safety;Jun98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p68
Reports that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced the deadline for fire prevention code proposals for the Year 2000 Edition. Closing date; Background information on the NFPA; Contact point for obtaining a proposal form.
- National fire prevention week--October 6-12, 1996. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;9/27/1996, Vol. 45 Issue 38, p813
Reports that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in the United States (U.S.) designated October 6-12, 1996, as National Fire Prevention Week. Theme for National Fire Prevention Week; Statistical information on death rates from fires in the (U.S.); Causes of fires; NFPA's...
- Code changes, burglar-bar developments at NFPA '98. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the 1998 National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) seminars, which will be scheduled with their 1998 Annual Meeting and Fire Safety Exhibit. When the seminars and exhibit are scheduled to be held; Reference to a forum which will be sponsored by the NFPA Center for High-Risk...
- Agreement paves way for applying NASA technology to fire... // Fire Engineering;Jun97, Vol. 150 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the agreement between the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) on using the technologies of the former to improve firefighting and public safety. Focus of investigation and research of the Fire and Other Emergency...