Vehicle Fire Problem Grows in 2004
- 1 killed, 9 injured in Chicago high-rise fire. // Chicago Weekend;1/11/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p1
The article provides information on the high-rise fire that occurred on the North Side in Chicago, Illinois on January 8, 2012 which caused the death of a woman and injury of nine others.
- Leading Causes of Nightclub, Bar Fires. // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p15
Presents the results of the study on nightclub fires based on National Fire Incident Report System data in the U.S. Property damage from nightclub fires; Number of fatalities caused by the structure fire; Enforcement of fire codes at the drinking establishments.
- ADMINISTRATIVE PROBLEMS OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY LAWS. STOECKEL, ROBBINS B. // Law & Contemporary Problems;Oct1936, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p532
The article offers information on the problems of the financial responsibility law of Connecticut. It states that the biggest problem has been the rapid increase in the number of motor vehicles in use, while cases are received at the office of the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles each day, in the...
- The Fire Fatality: Working Together to Find the Cause. Streich, Jerry // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses the need to address concerns related to fire fatality in the U.S. The occurrence of deaths and injuries in the country between 1992 and 2001 due to fire is reported. Reasons behind the need for fire officers to conduct proper investigation concerning the occurrence of fire...
- INJURIES AND FATALITIES DURING NIGHTIME FIREFIGHTING OPERATIONS. Thorpe, Dan // Fire Management Today;Spring2003, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p26
This article focuses on injuries and fatalities during nighttime firefighting operations in the U.S., as of 2003. The author examined fatality investigation reports, accident and injury listings, and entrapment reports about wildland firefighting in the U.S. to determine the type of fire related...
- United States Coast Guard: Improvements Needed in Management and Oversight of Rescue System Acquisition: GAO-06-623. Power, David A.; Caldwell, Stephen L. // GAO Reports;6/1/2006, p1
Search and rescue--one of the United States Coast Guard's (USCG) oldest missions and highest priorities--involves minimizing loss of life, injury, and property damage by aiding people and boats in distress. In September 2002, USCG contracted to replace its search and rescue communications...
- Reduction of Deaths From Residential Fires. Preboth, Monica // American Family Physician;1/1/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p158
Reports on a statement issued by the Committee on Injury and Poison Prevention of the American Academy of Pediatrics on reducing the number of deaths and injuries from residential fires. Review of important prevention messages and intervention strategies related to residential fires;...
- Blessing after the fire. // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun2010, Issue 98, p17
The article reports that in 2009's Black Saturday fires, expedition tour operators Karen and Anthony McDonald of Red Desert, Wyoming lost all of their belongings.
- Unprepared Americans Encounter Fire Risks. // Claims;Jun2005, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on a study released by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency -- Fire Administration regarding the incidence of fires in U.S. households. Percentage of structure fires in the total number of fatal fires in 2002; Extent of flame damage in fatal fires; causes of fatal...