FIRE Grants, USFA Face Cuts in FY 06
- NOT-SO-EASY MONEY. West, Pat // Fire Chief;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p56
Examines the degree of federal funding to local fire departments in the U.S. Amount awarded by the federal government to departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Program; Evaluation of the U.S. Fire Administration on how the fire grants affect fire department operations; List of federal...
- Congress passes the SAFER Act. // Fire Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p50
Reports on the approval of Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Resources Act by the U.S. Congress. Establishment of an office within the U.S. Fire Administration to administer the grant program; Federal contribution for firefighters; Grants for enhancing the number of volunteer firefighters.
- Protecting the homeland-- and the virtue of first responders. PADDOCK, MICHAEL // HS Today;Jun2009, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p9
The article deals with the 2009 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFGP) developed by the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA). The agency has clarified and reiterated the guidance under different Office of Management and Budget circulars that explain how federal grant funds may be utilized by...
- Staffing Grant Apps Open. // Fire Chief;Jun2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Fire Administration will accept online applications from May 31 to June 28, 2005 for the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants under the Assistance to Firefighters Program. SAFER will provide five-year grants with a maximum federal...
- Final round of Assistance to Firefighter Grants. // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p60
Reports on the final round of the 2003 fiscal year Assistance to Firefighters Grant program.
- THE FEDERAL GRANT PROCESS. Burris, Jr., Kenneth O. // Fire Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p174
Focuses on the federal grant process in the United States. Role of the United States Fire Administration; Compliance with guidelines; Tips for technical evaluation.
- Some 5,200 departments awarded 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p48
Reports that thousands of fire departments received cash assistance from the 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants program of the U.S. Fire Administration. Contact information.
- DHS Sets Application Periods for Grants. // Fire Chief;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the start of application for the 2005 Assistance to Firefighters grants by the U.S. Fire Administration. Deadline of the application; Terms and conditions for the application; Objectives of the 2005 grant programs.
- AFG Program Changes Award Procedures. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;11/30/2011, p1
The article informs about the changes in the procedure of Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program for the year 2011.