Rediscovering Green Design
- The Quantity Surveyor and ESD. Grimes, Steve // Building Economist;Sep2011, p21
The article recounts that since the concept of Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) first took off in Australia in 2002, quantity surveyors have played a key role in evaluating the economic viability of ESD options in construction. Thus, the Sustainable Energy Authority Victoria (SEAV) has...
- High Performance Buildings using Whole Building Integrated Design Approach. Abaza, Mohamed // ASHRAE Transactions;2011, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p240
No abstract available.
- BILLION-DOLLAR BUILDING. Butcher, Daniel // Audubon;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum rating that could be achieved by the Bank of America Tower being constructed across the New York City Public Library. The LEED criteria is based on the principle of...
- GREEN SHOWCASE HOME TO HOST FREE PUBLIC TOURS. // Environmental Design & Construction;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p94
The article highlights the opening of the Built Green Home at Suncadia with free public tours on May 27, 2006 which featured homes with geothermal heat and cork flooring and other sustainable design concepts. Recycled glass countertops, insulated concrete forms and Energy Star appliances were...
- ... a board member suggested going 'green'? // American School Board Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 192 Issue 3, p52
Discusses the adoption of a green design for a school while considering the potential cost of the construction. Possible advantages of spending on environmentally-friendly buildings, including reduced water consumption and energy conservation; Criticisms against the idea of green design;...
- York gets first LEED commercial building. Veronikis, Eric // Central Penn Business Journal;1/2/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Green Building Council to approve the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification for the Greenway Tech Centre in York, Pennsylvania. It mentions that the certification made the edifice the first commercial building to be...
- Radiant barriers maximize thermal efficiency. Edmondson, Mary // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Mar2007, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the importance of the construction of green building and energy-efficient building products in the U.S. to help maximize a building's thermal efficiency.
- Green building for IRICEN. // Paintindia;Jul2011, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p119
The article reports that the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering will construct an environmentally-friendly building that will also be energy efficient and will use the concept of heat management.
- Legal Eagles Save Energy. // Energy & Power Management;Sep2007, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p16
The article focuses on the design of the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences building in the University of California (UCI) Irvine campus. It states that the UCI directed that the Bren Hall energy-efficient rating be 20% greater than required by Title 24, California's...