- World Almanac News Quiz Answers. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p6
A quiz about general knowledge and information is presented.
- NUGGETS. // Alaska Almanac;2006, Issue 30, p189
An almanac entry about the 1994 flooding of the Koyukuk River in Alaska is presented. The floods uprooted and carried off many Allakaket homes. About eight of the houses just switched neighborhoods, coming to rest on State land adjacent to the local airfield. The State notified homeowners that...
- REGIONS OF ALASKA. // Alaska Almanac;2006, Issue 30, p187
An entry for the regions of Alaska is presented. The state is organized by geography and climate into six general regions. The Southeast region stretches approximately 500 miles from Icy Bay, northwest of Yakutat, south to Dixon Entrance at the U.S.-Canada border beyond the southern tip of...
- REPTILES. // Alaska Almanac;2006, Issue 30, p192
An entry for reptiles in Alaska is presented. For all practical purposes, reptiles are not found in Alaska outside of captivity. The northern limits of North American reptilian species may be the latitude at which their embryos fail to develop during the summer. Three sightings of a species of...
- new releases. // Library Journal;11/1/2015 Supplement Reference, p16
The article presents a list of newly release general reference books on encyclopedia, almanac and directories which include "Canadian Almanac & Directory 2016," "The Comparative Guide to American Suburbs, 2015/16" and "Associations Canada, 2016."
- SKYGAZER'S ALMANAC 2003. // Sky & Telescope;Jan2003 Supplement, Vol. 105, p1
Presents an almanac for U.S. stargazers for the year 2003. Instructions on using chart; Definition of terms used in chart; Events in evening and morning skies.
- REFERENCE. // World Almanac for Kids;2004, p45
The article explains various forms of reference materials, including almanacs, atlases, dictionaries and encyclopedias.
- Up-to-date World Almanac of the U.S.A. // Curriculum Administrator;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p53
Looks at the reference book `The World Almanac of the U.S.A.' which profiles all 50 states. Contents of the book.
- RM's New 2005 Fact Book. // Retail Merchandiser;Sep2005, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p36
This article reports on the new and revamped 2005 Fact Book of the periodical Retail Merchandiser. The Fact Book is an annual compilation of facts, figures and statistics that outline the state of the retail industry for the past 12 months. Retail Merchandiser has been producing the Fact Book...