Missed opportunities for prevention in general internal medicine
- Internists' Practices in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. Schwartz, J. Sanford; Lewis, Charles E.; Clancy, Carolyn; Kinosian, Monica S.; Radany, Margaret H.; Koplan, Jeffrey P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/1/91, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p46
Examines the use of disease prevention and health promotion activities by internists in the U.S. as of 1991. Extent of use of effective preventive interventions by internists; Factors related to internists' use of health promotion and disease prevention activities; Attitude of internists toward...
- ACAAI launches a public education campaign on allergy treatment. SWEENEY, ROSEMARIE; ROSE, VERNA L. // American Family Physician;01/15/99, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p257
Provides information on a public education campaign launched by the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI) in the United States. Objectives of the anti-allergy campaign; Significance of immunotherapy to people's health; Information resources available.
- Creating hope in Chicago's Cabrini-Green. Reis, Janet Solomon // AHA News;10/23/95, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p6
Opinion. Explains the benefits of the Youth Pregnancy Prevention Program which addresses the issues on the increase incidences of pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases among adolescents. Cabrini-Green community in Chicago, Illinois as the test site of the program; Objectives of the...
- Outbreak news. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;10/29/99, Vol. 74 Issue 43, p363
Reports the outbreak of acute diarrheal syndrome in Chibombo, Zambia. Formation of the response team; Launch of health initiated campaign; Number of fatalities.
- Barriers to the use of preventive health care services for children. Riportella-Muller, Roberta; Selby-Harrington, Maija L. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p71
Examines barriers to the use of preventive health care services for children in the United States. Findings from interviews of parents targeted for outreach efforts that encouraged them to use Medicaid's Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment Program; Competing family or personal...
- CT SCANS FOR 'HEALTHY' PEOPLE. // Medical Update;Nov2000, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the HealthView Center for Preventive Medicine in Newport Beach, California, which offers a computerized tomography scanning for healthy people.
- Who's responsible? Resolving provider and public differences. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p64
Reports on motivating the public to be more preventive-minded due to the spread of capitation. Survey on consumer health knowledge and information; Supplying consumers with information on self-care issues; Public's perception of self-care through long-term educational process.
- Consumers. Montague, Jim; Pitman, Hilarie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/96, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the designation of February as National Wise Health Consumer Month by the American Institute of Preventive Medicine.
- Does disease management work? Pasternak, Derick P.; Harris Jr., John M. // Physician Executive;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the effectiveness of managing the disease prevention. Definition of disease management in relation to medical care; Efforts of bringing integrated systems of disease management program; Formation of multi-disciplinary models for effective primary care.