Payroll-deduction Plans Help Small Companies Retain Employees
- Buyer be aware. KALISH, BRIAN M. // Employee Benefit Adviser;Sep2015, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p44
The article explores the risks of employee discount purchase programs and voluntary offerings into urging employees to be productive. Topics discussed include the factors affecting the behavior of employees receiving discount purchase on shopping and ticket services, the concept of voluntary...
- Payroll deduction broadens appeal of ancillary benefits. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p38
Focuses on the growth in popularity of voluntary payroll deductions for non-traditional benefits of employees in the United States. Reasons for the increasing demand for voluntary benefit programs; Administration of voluntary benefit programs.
- Voluntary benefits. // Employee Benefits;Mar2002, p9
Discusses the popularity of voluntary benefits among employers in Great Britain. Way employers can avoid the hassle of running fully-fledged benefits; Most common benefits offered on a voluntary basis; Percentage of employers who allow staff to pay for voluntary benefits via payroll deduction.
- What is a deduction from pay? // Accountancy;Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 1160, p52
Discusses legal cases related to the 1986 Wages Act in Great Britain. Unauthorized deductions from wages; Withholding of bonus payment; Employee's cheque for payment in lieu of notice.
- Which tools will help you reach a motivational peak? Coles, Sarah // Employee Benefits;Jul2002, p13
Describes several employee motivation schemes. Travel and non-cash prizes; Vouchers and online points schemes; Recognition and share-schemes.
- EMAIL OF THE MONTH. Wright, Doug // Employee Benefits;Jun2010, p14
The article reports on the fourth annual Health of the Workplace study highlighting the importance of engagement when planning motivational activities and staff benefits.
- Safety incentives can be fun, simple. Nelson, Bob // Executive Edge Newsletter;May97, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the use of non-cash incentives for employee motivation. Advantages of using safety incentives over cash benefits; Psychological effect of implementing a non-cash benefits program; Brief description of the Star Bucks program.
- What rewards do employees value more than money? Maliszewski, Paul // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/20/97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
Discusses the benefits that motivate employees. Flex benefits; Company-paid training program; Educational opportunities at area colleges; Fully-staffed on-site laundry; Funded school for children of employees.
- Is Your Company Answering the Call For Employee Perks? Mulling, Emory // Business Journal (Central New York);04/14/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p31
Discusses changes in the ways United States companies try to keep their employees motivated. Employees' refocusing of their priorities to achieve a better life balance; `Fortune' magazine's annual list of the one hundred best companies to work for in the US; Amenities that show a company's...