`Portals' Help HR Navigate the Vast Corporate Labyrinth
- Information Center (Members)--Online and by Phone. Guerin, Lisa // Essential Guide to Workplace Investigations (9781413306910);Sep2007, p416
Information on the SHRM Information Center Library is presented. At the information center library, information specialists who are all human resource professionals assist with HR-related questions via email, instant messaging, or phone.
- The allure of online. Smethurst, Steve // People Management;7/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p38
Deals with the role of the Internet in job creation and the benefit gained by the human resources department from Internet recruitment strategies. Cost savings from Internet recruitment; Information on the recruitment website of restaurant chains Brewster and Brewers Fayre; Disadvantages of...
- FREE TRAINING WHENEVER YOU NEDD IT! // Managing People at Work;Jun2009, Issue 327, p3
The article offers information on the free online management training tools which help managers and business leaders improve their staff's performance and productivity. It cites a website for subscribers to choose their training on demand and training section for instructional podcasts with...
- hit paradeâ€¦. // Personnel Today;3/11/2008, p6
The article presents information on the most visited stories posted on the website PersonnelToday.com. The stories are related to various topics including, institutional discrimination in higher education in Great Britain, ruling on an ex-employee suicide, and persons guilty of corporate...
- Manufacturers look to internet for recruitment. // Works Management;Sep2007, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that various employers in Great Britain are relying on the Internet in sustaining their recruitment demands. A survey by Jobcentre Plus company reports that the number of employers that used Internet Web sites to advertise job vacancies in the region has increased to 16% from...
- Research and preparation are keys to interview success. I'Anson, Jeremy // Computer Weekly;3/28/2006, p48
The article presents suggestions to interviewees on how to get a job. One should research the company or organization, study their Web site. One should try and find out about the company's CEO, key activities, major divisions, key products and services, competitors and what is their standing in...
- Online Recruiting: A Powerful Tool. Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Dec2000, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p21
This article focuses on the advantages of Internet-based resources and tools for recruiting employees. The author discusses the benefits presented by the flexibility of the medium in tailoring recruitment needs and lists some of the factors on which the success of Internet-based job recruitment...
- On_the_Net@cma.ca. Green, Deidre // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1075
Discusses online medical resources. The Canadian Medical Association's Ovid Search: Link to Electronic Resources (OSLER); Tips for users on the search interface created by OVID Technologies; Searching by author; Linking authors to a subject; Contact point.
- New online advice service. // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p133
Reports the launching of the Chartered Accountants' Independent Financial Services scheme in Great Britain.