Anticipating Change: The Euro's Impact
- A tender moment. Thomas, Mark // People Management;11/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p55
Discusses the role of personnel departments in helping British corporations adjust with the implementation of the euro in some European Union countries effective January 1, 2002. Impact of th European single currency on British companies; Importance of employee training if companies would want...
- Money talks. Evans, Mike // Industry Week/IW;06/23/97, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p80
Comments on the chances of the proposed common European currency. Unfavorable votes from 13 of the 15 European Union members; People's concerns over the requirements of the proposal; Benefits of the proposal in terms of international trade; Economic benefits of a common currency.
- Flipping the coin on the realm to Euro: A sterling idea? MacLeod, Alexzander // Christian Science Monitor;10/17/96, Vol. 88 Issue 226, p7
Views the opinion of persons in the European Union countries, about the introduced `ecus' coins. Councilors in England persuaded to mint their coins; Who persuaded them; Indications from opinion polls; Economists' prediction that Europe will adopt a single currency.
- European official sees common currency. Ghering, Mike // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p3
Highlights the possibility of European Union countries having a single currency as a result of the trade and economic changes in the area, based on the testimony of European Commission official Richard M. Lewis. Countries projected to be the first group to adopt the single currency; Possible...
- Forget Y2K--Year of the Euro Looms. McMullen, John F. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/05/98, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p21
Focuses on the concerns over the implementation of a common currency among European Union countries in 1999. Concerns over the changes in conducting business in the region; Questions on the ability of the common currency to accommodate trade outside the region.
- What to name a currency for Europe eludes the EU. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;10/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 216, p7
Discusses proposed names for single European currency planned for 1999, as from a meeting by top European Union finance officials on the issue. Dispute among officials on proposals in the meeting; Proceedings of the meeting.
- Local authorities must prepare for impact of Europe. // Public Finance;10/11/96, p7
Comments on the the impact of a single European currency on domestic local authorities in Britain. Effects of the single currency; Responsibility of councils to inform their electorates regarding the currency issue.
- `Europe, 1992': Riding high on the fourth wave. Neilsson, Gunnar P. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1990, Vol. 1990 Issue 4, p1575
Analyses the European Community (EC) plans for `Europe, 1992.' Three periods of intensive integration dynamics; Fourth period of intensive integration dynamics; Formation of EC Single Integrated Market; Creation of Single European Act (SEA); Factors associated with fourth period; Progress...
- Waiting for Euro. Wooten, Terry // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p31
Reports that there is skepticism about whether European Monetary Union (EMU) and the single currency (Euro) will be ready by 1999. What this depends on; Meeting of European countries; Comments from Julian Jessop; Statistical information on European countries.