Zero Tolerance Making It Work
- A matter of substance. // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2005, Issue 5455, p15
Focuses on the implementation of policies and guidelines on smoking, drugs and alcohol abuse to combat maintain harmony in the workplace. Reduction of sickness and staff turnover; Promotion of industrial safety; Compliance with legal responsibilities for health, safety and employee welfare;...
- Benefits of a smoking policy. // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2005, Issue 5455, p16
Focuses on the benefits of a smoking policy in the workplace. Reduction of disputes between smokers and non-smokers; Improvement of corporate image; Demonstration of the fulfillment of health and safety responsibilities; Improvement of employees' health.
- Preventing disruptive behavior in the workplace. Parent, Jennifer L. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/7/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p35
The article focuses on the prevention of disruptive, threatening, and violent behavior in the workplace, which is considered as the growing concern for employers. It indicates the need of employers to set and implement clear standards of acceptable conduct in managing conflict in the workplace....
- Look Closer at your Employee Handbook. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/17/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p9
The article focuses on employee manuals. It discusses the importance of employee manuals to businesses, both from a management and a litigation perspective, and to employees as manuals are helpful resource that allows them to understand and comply with employer expectations, policies and...
- When worker is on vacation can you split his duties? // Plant Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p22
Justifies the issue of delegation of responsibilities of an employee-on-leave among the remaining workers. Demands of employees regarding extra money for the extra work allocated to them; Arguments posed by maintenance supervisor disapproving demands of workers.
- The 4 files you need for every employee. // HR Weekly;9/8/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p4
The article enumerates four of the Human Resources (HR) team's files for employees which include personnel file, payroll file and medical file, to guarantee conformity with rules and regulations.
- Govt unveils monitoring guidelines. // Lawyer;6/23/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 25, pE1
Reports on the release of the Employment Practices Data Protection Code involving workplace monitoring in Great Britain. Cases where covert monitoring is allowed; Need for employers to notify their employees of any monitoring.
- 7 Rules for Retaining Key Employees. // American Gas;Oct2000, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p36
Presents rules on employee retention. Hiring of smart people; Significance of first impressions; Need for frequent communication; Helping people grow and succeed.
- Rethinking safety rules and enforcement. Pierce, F. David // Professional Safety;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p44
Presents information the importance of safety rules and the need to enforce rules in the workplace. Examples of the dislike of rules by employees and the general public; Information on enforcement and the `violation'; What is the purpose of rules; Truth about rules; Details on the enforcement...