Recharge Creativity with Rewards
- Tailored incentives will give staff a lift. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Jul2003, p06
Details the process of designing an employee motivation scheme in Great Britain. Factors affecting the success of a motivation scheme; Identification of the needs of employees to maintain an interest in their work; Role of cash rewards. INSETS: Travel;Training;Vouchers;Cash
- The ethics of incentives. Sanford, Carol // Executive Excellence;Jun98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p17
Comments on the incentive programs in employee motivation. Examples of incentive programs; How an incentive culture can be effective; Conditioning effect of incentives.
- MONEY AS A MOTIVATOR Some Research Insights. McClelland, David C. // Management Review;Feb68, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Considers the use of incentive plans in motivating employees. Motives and needs of the workers; Motivational requirements of the task the workers are performing; Motives of the manager; Probability of winning the incentive award; Size of the incentive offered; Nature of the response-reward...
- Survey reveals huge disconnect on existence, prevalence of employee rewards programs. Butler, Kelley M. // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;6/13/2012, p4
The article discusses the report, The State of Employee Recognition in 2012, which reveals a huge disconnect on existence and the prevalence of employee rewards programs.
- Money motivation. // CA Magazine;May95, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the survey that shows most Canadian corporations are adopting incentive reward to their employees. Toronto-based N. Winter Consulting firm; Achievement of strategic goals; Improvement of customer services; Increase in productivity; Profit enhancements.
- Reading the signals. Caborn, Ann // Employee Benefits;Jul2002, p8
Discusses the importance of understanding the factors that motivate employees in formulating and implementing an incentive program. Description of a successful program; Factors to consider; Examples of recognition; Discussion on the incentive program at Arthur Price of England. INSETS:...
- Let Your Employees Drive the Company Forward. Reid, Keith // Fuel Oil News;Nov2012, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p8
The article offers tips on how to let quality employees drive the company's progress, including giving employees both responsibility and authority, and providing them incentives to ignite their passion.
- When 'thank you' isn't enough. // People Management;Nov2015, p66
The article reports on research published in the "Journal of Organizational Behavior" which suggests that employee recognition is a less powerful motivator for complex projects than routine tasks.
- The Payoff. Drickhamer, David // Industry Week/IW;08/16/99, Vol. 248 Issue 15, p96
Highlights incentive-pay programs. Factors aside from money that inspire results; Strength of revamped production methods; Example of the way employee innovation drives success.