Redefining Corporate Status
- Help Line. Thomas, Donna Ojanen; Grossman, Valerie G. A. // RN;Aug2005, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p28
Presents pieces of advice on workplace problems of nurses. Scheduling challenges faced by an assistant manager on a pediatric unit; Way to handle staff queries; Suggestion for a manager in supporting a new staffer without appearing to take sides.
- News update. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct99, Issue 16, p5
Compiles news items regarding the work environment in Great Britain. Include a survey among employees on the top office irritants; Causes and extent of stress in the workplace; Danger of employing temporary staff in organizations; Exclusion of women in many international management assignments;...
- Overheated worker strips off and puts her foot in it. // Personnel Today;3/30/2004, p48
This article presents a true incidence on workplace environment. An HR manager at the company based in the East Midlands, which had large machinery, forklift trucks whizzing around and gas powered extrusion machines producing injection moulded components, was approached by an employee during a...
- Mouse potato threat to big cheeses. // Personnel Today;5/13/2003, p44
This article focuses on the workplace vocabulary popular amongst human resource professionals.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p11
Presents issues related to the human resource industry in Great Britain as of January 2001. Information on a study regarding workplace accidents; Survey of business managers concerning their emotional intelligence; Advantage of flexible workers over their full-time equivalents.
- Dare to Delegate. // Association Management;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p58
Provides techniques for executives in the delegation of duties to their employees in the work environment. Assessment of routine activities; Need to not underestimate the potential of a person; Encouragement of employees to come up with alternatives and suggestions for handling a problem.
- Leaders Must Look Within to Create a Healthy Workplace. Kaiser, Robert B. // People & Strategy;Winter2015, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p11
The author comments on the article "Six Lessons on Leadership" by Robert Hogan which appeared within the issue. He discusses the crucial distinction made by Hogan between successful managers and effective managers, distinct and sometimes conflicting motivations represented by the two types of...
- The Role Managers Can Play in Reward Program Effectiveness. McMullen, Tom; Stark, Mel; Jensen, Doug // Benefits & Compensation Digest;May2007, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses the role of managers in the rewards program of organizations. The authors say effective managers know how to use total rewards in the broadest context to achieve business success. Total rewards are the sum total of what an employee receives from the organization. Line...
- PUSHING UP THE AVERAGE. Oaff, Barbara // Employee Benefits;Feb2005, p28
Explores the need for managers to shift the way they approach business performance in Great Britain. Benefits associated with focusing on employees in the middle; Importance of inclusive approach to people management; Strategies to produce a satisfied, stimulated and productive work environment;...