Unemployment Rate Hits New Low
- International Unemployment Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec98, p13
Focuses on unemployment rates among several countries as of December 1, 1998. Unemployment rates in Europe; Correlation between exchange rate flexibility and the elimination of unemployment rate differences.
- The calm after the storm. Hayes, Cassandra // Black Enterprise;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p87
Reports the employment condition in the United States with particular focus on the Black. Statistics about employment and unemployment rate of Blacks; Trends in the employment industry; Statistical comparison of unemployment rate by race; Top ten fastest growing occupations for the year 1996 to...
- German unemployment fell. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/ 8/2014, pA02
German unemployment fell by 15,000 in Nov., more than forecast. The jobless rate remained 6.9%.
- Job statistics are posted. STERLING, ED // Graham Leader;1/30/2016, Vol. 140 Issue 49, p5A
No abstract available.
- Non-Farm Payrolls Up 75,000; Joblessness Dips 0.1% to 4.6%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32395, p2
The article reports on the increase of non-farm payroll by 75,000 for May 2006 in the U.S. The author said that with the modest rise in payrolls, the unemployment rate fell by .1 percent to 4.6 percent. Economists expected the May payroll level would rise by 173,000 and unemployment to stay at...
- Fighting poverty at work. M. A. // OECD Observer;Oct2009, Issue 274, p13
The article presents an economic outlook of the OECD countries, relative to its employment status. It was stated that having a job does not guarantee a standard of living. It is suggested its governments to form a benefit schemes and minimum wages to boost the earnings of low wage workers. It...
- Planned Changes in Local Area Unemployment Statistics and in Metropolitan Area Designations. // Employment & Earnings;Dec2004, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the proposed changes in producing labor force estimates in the U.S. Alteration of the method used in producing estimates; Details on the alterations in the method; Implementation of Census 2000-based geographic area definitions.
- Job gains with gusto. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p9
Looks at the employment rate in the U.S. in October 2004. Increase in unemployment rate; Forecast on the average monthly job gains in 2004; Factors that could inhibit economy growth in the country in 2005.
- Labor Markets: Outlook. // Italy Country Monitor;Jan2012, p10
The article discusses an economic outlook of Italy for 2012, focusing on the country's labor markets. Economists believe that though the demand for labor remains sluggish throughout the previous year, labor market will have a gradual recovery in the said year. The country will still struggle...