- Ensuring accessibility. Raths, David // InfoWorld;10/26/98, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p103
Discusses how information technology (IT) managers' buying decisions and system designs affect current and potential employees in the United States. Northwest Permanente Chief Financial Officer Harry Stathos' used of a scanner and software that read documents and e-mail during his convalescence...
- HotBot Reheats: Simple, Elegant, Useful. Price, Gary // Searcher;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p37
Provides information on the new HotBot Web search engine as of March 2003. Features of the search engine; Information on how to customize the search engine; Limitations of the Web; Difference of HotBot from other search engines.
- Digital Employees Require Shadow IT. Violino, Bob // Information-management.com;8/26/2015, p1
The article presents ways where the information technology (IT) organization should exploit the digital dexterity of employees such as using a bimodal approach, embracing a shadow IT and implementing a digital workplace strategy.
- Tech/Net Briefs. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p23B
No abstract available.
- Pings & Packets. // eWeek;1/14/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p50
Features information technology products and services in the United States as of January 2002. Launch of the Usenet search service by Google.com; Introduction of 'CyberGatekeeper' software by InforExpress; Security features of 'NetOp Remote Control' from Cross Tec.
- An Instant job search just got much quicker. // Recruiter;9/29/2010, p8
The article offers information on Google Instant through which end users can search faster and get quicker results although it can affect their search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Info Management. // R&D Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p13
Presents news briefs on information technology and management as of January 2000. Information on the launching of WebTop.com, a search engine; Creation of a gene-sequencing library; Description of the Intelligent Flight Control System.
- Usage of Electronic Resources at Dr T.P.M. Library, Madurai Kamaraj University: A Case Study. Thanuskodi, S. // DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology;Nov2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p437
Information technology (IT) has thrown a new challenge to the libraries. The technology has shown a great impact on the services of the libraries. Libraries use IT for better services and satisfying diverse user needs. Libraries have transformed into digital and virtual libraries where books,...
- The Internet-Taking Stock. Clyde, Anne // Teacher Librarian;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on the international `Online Information' conference held in London, England in December 1998. Topics and issues discussed; Striking developments in the online information industry; Confusion about search engines.