How to Make the Most of Riding In The Passenger Seat
- Just ask English cabbies about job ownership. Adams III, John T. // HRMagazine;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p4
Comments on the attitudes of taxi drivers in London, England. Differences in the attitudes of taxi drivers in the United States and England; Viewing of driving as a profession and a career.
- Taxi driver. Streuli, Ted // Texas Monthly;Apr98, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p92
Recounts the author's experience as a taxicab driver in Houston, Texas. Reasons for doing the job; The advantages of cab driving as a business; A typical day's events.
- `Taxi Driver' redux. Harari, Oren // Management Review;Mar98, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p23
Presents a story about how people can literally reinvent their jobs and organization to create startling value that differentiates them in the marketplace. Comment about the film `Taxi Driver,' starred by Robert DeNiro; Service offered by Bob, a taxi driver; Characteristics and roles of a taxi...
- Yellow cab racism. Rahman, Ali // New York Amsterdam News;12/09/99, Vol. 90 Issue 50, p5
Reports on actor Danny Glover's complaint against racially motivated discrimination by New York City taxi drivers. Complaint filed with the Taxi and Limousine Commission; Speech before an audience of taxi drivers at Pace University; Steps taken to alleviate the problem.
- Taxicab discrimination? The same old, same old. Carter, Richard // New York Amsterdam News;12/09/99, Vol. 90 Issue 50, p10
Asserts that New York City taxi drivers tend to snub black passengers. Contrast with the experience of the author's white wife; Quotation from Robert DeNiro in the film `Taxi Driver'; Steps taken by Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to discipline the drivers.
- Courtesy and the cab. // Christian Science Monitor;5/19/98, Vol. 90 Issue 121, p12
Editorial. Describes the impact of the one-day taxi driver strike in New York City in May, 1998. Traffic that flowed; Reason for the strike; Details about new taxi rules from Mayor Rudolph Giuliani; The new world without taxis; Giuliani's accomplishments in reviving New York; Need for taxi...
- The Elements of Style. Percy, Susan // Georgia Trend;Sep2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the different management styles in the workplace. Attitude of a news editor; Approach of a praise giver boss; Role model of the author on management.
- Taking a Taxi: Front or Back Seat? The Effects of Gender and Community Size. Watson, John S.; Kearins, Judith M. // Sex Roles;Apr88, Vol. 18 Issue 7-8, p497
A study of seat choice, front or back, of solo taxi passengers found that a significantly greater number of men than women sat next to the driver in large urban areas, but that no sex difference in front-seat choice appeared in smaller communities. Very few women taxi drivers were observed. The...
- New York Political Corner. Paul, Mike // New York Amsterdam News;12/09/99, Vol. 90 Issue 50, p3
Presents news items from New York City, compiled in the week of December 9, 1999. Dung throwing at the portrait of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani; Actor Danny Glover's complaint against taxi drivers who pass by black passengers; Possibility that the city might reach its spending limit unless it changes...