OUT AND ABOUT
- Golden Rooster Awards. Wu Xiadong // Chinese Sociology & Anthropology;Winter1999/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p62
The article focuses on the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Festivals that took place in Chongqing, China. Ceremonies and the presentation of the awards have always been the most eventful parts of the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Festivals. These two events have always attracted the most...
- International film: WEEK 02. Kemp, Stuart; Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p82
Reports several developments concerning the motion picture industry as of January 14, 2002. Details on the London Film Critics Circle Awards nominations; Information on the new name of the Cannes International Film Festival; Cost of the Spanish Practical Ticket movie pass.
- 2005 Film Festival Listings. // Hollywood Scriptwriter;Feb2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
Presents the schedule of events related to the motion picture industry in 2005. Alpe Adria Cinema Film Fest in Trieste, Italy; Annual Program Without Frontiers in Los Angeles, California; Dance on Camera Fest in New York City; Eksperim[e]nto Fest of Film, Video & New Media in Manila,...
- From a Word to Award. Hilsman, Hoyt // Back Stage West;2/24/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p11
Presents an article on the experiences of a writer during the 2005 Slamdance Festival in Park City, Utah. Origin of the film festival; Challenges encountered by the writer in finding recognition of written work; Impact of a Slamdance nomination on the morale of the writer.
- Berlinale 2007. // Media Development;2007, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p63
The article announces various awards given at the Berlin Film Festival 2007 in Berlin, Germany including the Ecumenical Jury award to the film "Tu Ya De Hun," an award given to a film in the Forum to "Chrigu," and an award given to a film from the Panorama to "Luo Ye Gui Gen."
- Sub-Saharan African Cinema in the Context of FESPACO: Close-Ups on Francophone West Africa and Anglophone South Africa. BISSCHOFF, LIZELLE // Forum for Modern Language Studies;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p441
In the context of the biennial FESPACO film festival in Ouagadougou, this article gives overviews of the development of the film industries in francophone West Africa and anglophone South Africa, and of emerging trends and new directions. French support ensured that francophone countries were...
- Almodovar, Egoyan bracket NY festival. Jones, Oliver // Variety;08/23/99, Vol. 376 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the 37th annual New York Film Festival on September 24, 1999, in New York City, New York. Concluding feature of the event; Films included in the festival; Special events of the festival.
- Pix Hit San Sebastian Zone. Rooney, David // Variety;08/23/99, Vol. 376 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the 47th San Sebastian International Film Festival to be held in Spain on September 16-25, 1999. Cash prize for the New Directors Award; Motion pictures vying for the awards.
- The Fests. Tillson, Tamsen; Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;08/23/99, Vol. 376 Issue 1, p22
Discusses issues related to some international film festivals in 1999. Details on the lineup for the 24th Toronto International Film Festival; Outcome of the makeover of the Norwegian International Film Festival.