WONDERTOUCH PARTICLEILLISION Flexible Tool for Effects on a Deadline
- Character driven. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;3/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 50/51, p28
Reports on the status of the motion picture special effects field during 2002. Movies that used digital images to portray lead characters; Factors that contributed to the rise of digital technology in filmmaking.
- Visual Effects Go "There". // American Cinematographer;Aug2012, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p80
The article announces the launch of the There visual-effect company, founded by Elliot and Taylor Jobe, specializing in digital sets with greenscreen production.
- Immortals. // Computer Graphics World;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p36
The article discusses the visual effects (VFX) used in the film "Immortals," which was shot on digital film to be broadcast in three dimensions (3D).
- SPACE SHOTS. Doyle, Audrey // Computer Graphics World;Dec2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on the creation of digital special effects in science-fiction programs. Description of the digital special effects in science programs; Creation process of digital special effects.
- Size matters as shops toon up. Amachandran, Naman // Variety;4/12/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 9, pA17
The article focuses on Indian studios that specialize in visual effects and animation, such as EyeQube Studios, the Indian studios owned by Rhythm & Hues, and Toonz, a unit of Swiss conglomerate Comcraft.
- iMAGES: NEWSLETTER OF THE BKSTS - THE MOVING IMAGE SOCIETY. // Image Technology;Jan1999, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p32
The article offers news briefs related to cinematography. The 8th BKSTS (British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society) International Special Effects Seminar is reported to have a full tally of delegates coming from 15 different countries. The Television Technology Foundation is offering a...
- Character building. Magid, Ron // Hollywood Reporter;6/23/95, Vol. 337 Issue 41, pS-7
Reports on digital character creation in motion pictures. Featured motion pictures; Use of motion capture for character animation; Creation of digital alter egos of real persons.
- The sorcerer's apprentice. Rogers, Adam // Newsweek;6/22/1998 Supplement, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p84
Notes the chronological path from ink-and paint to morphing for animation and special effects in motion pictures. The first animated cartoon in 1910; The first Technicolor film in 1922; First appearance of Betty Boop in 1930; Bugs Bunny in 1940; `Alice in Wonderland' in 1951; `Jason and the...
- Quiet and subtle. Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;1/21/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 14, pA12
Discusses ways in which computer-generated imagery (CGI) has overshadowed most visual effects work in motion pictures. Proliferation of CGI to a point in which their use often belies traditional, more effective cost-efficient tools; Diffusion of visual effects by CGI to the point where the...