PRO TOOLS ON WHEELS
- PLAYING WITH FIRE. Goldman, Michael // Millimeter;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p20
Presents a conversation with actor and producer Denis Leary about the television program "Rescue Me." Budget of the show; Reasons behind the show's reliance on high definition technology; Use of Sony camera technology; Editing process; Challenges associated with the creation of the television...
- What's On HDTV And Where to Get It. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Oct2003, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p99
Presents information on the television stations in the U.S. that broadcast their programs in high definition television (HDTV). Schedules of programs in HDTV; Cable and satellite channels in HDTV; Local broadcasters of HDTV.
- hdtv basics. Gaughn, Michael // Sound & Vision;May2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p74
Presents information on high-definition TV (HDTV). Factors to consider in choosing HDTV; Formats used in broadcasting digital TV programs; Types of HDTV.
- CABLE & SATELLITE. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p66
Presents an update on several cable and satellite high-definition television programs in the U.S. as of June 2003. HBO-HDTV; Discovery HD Theater; ESPN HD.
- HDTV watch. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Sep2003, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p14
Presents updates on high definition television broadcasting in the United States as of September 2003. Proposal of Fox Network to deliver its prime-time program on high definition format; Television program of Discovery HD Theater;
- The future of HD in Europe. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Jul/Aug2005 Supplement, p14
The article presents a roundtable discussion about a variety of issues relevant to high definition TV in Great Britain. The advantages and challenges associated with high definition TV are discussed. The correlation between digital readiness and high definition applications is highlighted. Ways...
- Programming Grows, Set Prices Plummet. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p34
Reports on the growth of the amount of high definition television (HDTV) programming offered by U.S. television networks as HDTV set prices plummet. HD offered by cable operator Comcast Corp.; Reversal of Starz Encore Chairman John Sie's resistance to HD packages; Return of ABC television...
- It'll Take Programming, Both High-Tech And Low, To Sell HDTV. Gerson, Bob // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/12/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p17
Argues that television programming is the prime reason for buying a digital high-definition television (HDTV) or an analog television. Proof that creating HDTV-specific programming is unnecessary to boost digital HDTV; Expected evolution of some innovative HDTV programs; Issues that must be...
- RUSH HD. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/4/2008 Guide to HD TV Programming, Vol. 23, p14
The article focuses on Rush HD, the first-ever high-definition television channel in the U.S. that is dedicated to adventure sports. It states that the channel is available on Cablevision's iO digital cable service. An overview of the channel's signature programming is offered. The channel was...